Contribute
Register

10.10.3 Update Black screen with cursor

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Any chance this problem can be solved without kext edits, so using some Clover options or DSDT edit?

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
EDIT - Yep, verde.kext did the trick. Thanks a lot! The card is detected as HD 7xxx but it is merely cosmetic I think, performance seems good.

Motherboard
gigabyte-b75m-d3v
CPU
e3-1230-v2
Graphics
his ati hd7700
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
mark&up, now using yosemite 10.10.2, will update to el captain and have a try.

Motherboard
GA-H67M-D2-B3
CPU
3.1 Sandy Bridge
Graphics
GTX 750TI 2GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I had this issue today with a new Sierra install, 10.12.2. It was running fine yesterday I was downloading XCODE and came back to this. The system would boot fine but all I could see was the cursor and the notification bars in the upper right. I hit tab and typed in my password, voila. For some reason just the login screen was not visible. Hope the simple fix helps others.

Motherboard
GA Z170X-Gaming 5
CPU
Graphics
TITAN
I had this issue today with a new Sierra install, 10.12.2. It was running fine yesterday I was downloading XCODE and came back to this. The system would boot fine but all I could see was the cursor and the notification bars in the upper right. I hit tab and typed in my password, voila. For some reason just the login screen was not visible. Hope the simple fix helps others.
Worked

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5
CPU
Core i7 6700K 4.00 GHz
Graphics
Intel HD530
Mac
iMac, MacBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Got this on 10.12.2 this morning. Cheers for posting this fix!

Motherboard
Asus z170e
CPU
i5 6600K
Graphics
780ti
same here with GTX780TI and I5 3570K.

the problem is the GPU. if you will disconnect your GPU it will work. now i'm trying to find how to fix it
Sorry this is an old thread but I have the same graphics card and problem, and was wondering if or how you got it to work?

Thanks.