Contribute
Register

10.10.3 Update Black screen with cursor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't verde.kext for ATI (oops, AMD) cards?

Yes it is. Sorry, it wasn't clear in your first post that you were actually using an NVIDIA model. Or maybe I read too fast :D.

Using Clover, you should try with or w/o InjectNvidia. If you installed webdrivers, make sure that you're using nvda_drv=1 in your boot-args.

You didn't read too fast, it's just that I added the GPU info after you posted your answer (so it's my fault).

So I tried with InjectNvidia (off by default, on didn't work too). And I tried with and w/o nvda_drv=1, no effect, same reaction (progress bar and loading icon that appears at around 50% and stays there).

I think it's some sort of driver problem because it happened just after I rebooted after the update. Is there a way to "restore" so 10.10.1 without reinstalling?

Hum… maybe a version number problem.

Please run this in the terminal :

Code:
sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartup.kext/Contents/info.plist

Search for this :

Code:
                        <key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
                        <string>14F1021</string>

The 14F1021 must match your current OS X 10.10.5 build number. You can see it by typing this :

Code:
sw_vers

If the build number doesn't match, you'll have to edit the NVDAStartup.kext/Contents/info.plist and change it then reinstall it in S/L/E, repair permissions and rebuild system cache using Kext Wizard for instance.

Info.plist says 14F27, same for SystemVersion.plist, so I guess it's good

I will try the repair permissions thing

Ok so I did the permissions repair thing, it fnound some stuff to repair, but it still doesn't boot, exactly as before :'(
Any other idea?

Is there a way to "restore" to 10.10.1 without reinstalling?

it really works, thanks very much

here is how to:
use -v -s booting args to boot into single user mode
mount -o update /
cd /system/library/Extension/AMDRadeonX4000.kext
edit the info.plist under kext by vi or other text editor
save your edit then reboot with -v -x (into safe mode)
login then use kext wizard to rebuild the cache (with out 3d acceleration,it's very very lag...:beachball:)
after kext rebuild , reboot, all down and it works!:lol:

This was the solution to my pain :D love u Man U r the best!!! Edited the info.plist and my Radeon hd7770 is working like a charm. Big big thanks was already desperate.

Hi.

I'm on El Capitan 10.11.4.

I would like to confirm that on my

HIS 7750 (Device ID: 0x683f)

editing the Info.plist in /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4000.kext/Contents/

removes the black screen / artefacts issue.

Cheers.
Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back