Contribute
Register

10.10.3 Random Freezes, Spinning Wheel...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
10.10.3 Yosemite
CPU
i7-5820k 6 Core
Graphics
Asus DirectCUII TOP R9 270X 2gig
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys, I have a issue that my hackintosh system freezes randomly when doing anything. I could be playing Shogun 2, making music in Pro Tools 11, or simply youtubing a video in full screen mode and the spinning wheel comes up and the systems doesnt allow me to do anything.

I tried the escape+command+option to force quit, but nothing helps. I can move my mouse but I cannot click on anything. Force quit window wont come up and I am forced to restart the machine.

My system is as follows:
Yosemite 10.10.3 Unibeast + Clover boot install
npci=0x2000 kextdev mode =1 Slide=0 Are my boot options in config.plist in clover configurator.

5820K 6 core over clocked to 4 ghz.
Gigabyte X99 UD3 Motherboard
16 gigs of DDR4 2400 mhz Ballistix ram
256 Corsair SSD
Asus DirectII CU TOP R9 270x 2 gig Video card

Please help...the system runs well except sometimes when minimizing and maximizing windows, the genie effect seems a little laggy, and the random freezes. What could be wrong?

Thanks guys

I just dropped the overclock and set everything back to stock and it still froze while minimizing, and showing firefox over and over again. The genie effect is choppy, and it seems that it will freeze the system when showing and hiding this browser window as well as the other activities I stated.

I checked the console, here is a picture...

I have no idea what I am reading... :( Help?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-11 at 8.15.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-11 at 8.15.15 AM.png
    663.3 KB · Views: 184
Bump! Please someone help :(

I've also posted on ******, and it seems others are having the same issue but have not found a resolution.

We would be grateful for any advice or suggestions.

I would make sure to repost any findings anyone posts here also on my ****** post. Thank you guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back