Contribute
Register

10.10.3 is out

Status
Not open for further replies.
You only need to remove the "Second Stage patch".

You can use the latest PBI CE to recreate new config.plist that contains all old patches, except the "Second Stage Patch"

That patch intended to fix the artifacts in 10.10, but now it has problem with HD4000...

I removed 2 patches I had for my configuration:
Second Stage patch 1 10.10
Second Stage patch 2 10.10

Are both have to go?

I noticed some video sizing issues in "System Information": When you click on "Network", then when you click on anything - the right panel text displays vertically, because of it thinks that the window has small width. I do not see this issue on real mac mini 2012.

Attachments

• Corrupted_panel.tiff
    37 KB · Views: 155
No problem for my 4540S I5 Clover install
Really, no problem at all.
I have to say that I've subsituted the DVD with a second Hdd and cloned the boot partition with Superduper.
Applied the upgrade to the CLONE, restarted with an external USB and reapplied the last Hp Probook Installer Clover Edition.
Everything went well.
But.
When I reversed the Working Clone on the Boot Partition (with Superduper) I've lost my Recovery Partition.

NO PROBLEM.
My SSD IS NOT Fusion drives or Core Storage.

A little free program Recovery Partition Creator (search it) even if it's not designed to work and do not work on Fusion Drives or Core Storage, bring me back with a fresh new and UPGRADED Recovery Partition.

Naturally I've to download the whole Yosemite Install.

Here is the partition map AFTER using that program, and after deleting the clone partition:

MacBook-Pro-di-remote:~ remote$ diskutil list
/dev/disk0
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *512.1 GB disk0
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS Meludda 511.3 GB disk0s2
3: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.0 MB disk0s3
/dev/disk1
0: GUID_partition_scheme *1.0 TB disk1
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk1s1
2: Apple_HFS MELUDDA BANK 999.9 GB disk1s2

Great program and a lot of time saved.

Last edited:
No problem for my 4540S I5 Clover install
Really, no problem at all.
I have to say that I've subsituted the DVD with a second Hdd and cloned the boot partition with Superduper.
Applied the upgrade to the CLONE, restarted with an external USB and reapplied the last Hp Probook Installer Clover Edition.
Everything went well.
But.
When I reversed the Working Clone on the Boot Partition (with Superduper) I've lost my Recovery Partition.

NO PROBLEM.
My SSD IS NOT Fusion drives or Core Storage.

A little free program Recovery Partition Creator (search it) even if it's not designed to work and do not work on Fusion Drives or Core Storage, bring me back with a fresh new and UPGRADED Recovery Partition.

Naturally I've to download the whole Yosemite Install.

Here is the partition map AFTER using that program, and after deleting the clone partition:

MacBook-Pro-di-remote:~ remote$ diskutil list
/dev/disk0
0: GUID_partition_scheme *512.1 GB disk0
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS Meludda 511.3 GB disk0s2
3: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.0 MB disk0s3
/dev/disk1
0: GUID_partition_scheme *1.0 TB disk1
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk1s1
2: Apple_HFS MELUDDA BANK 999.9 GB disk1s2

Great program and a lot of time saved.

Try Carbon Copy Cloner, it has option to clone your Recovery partition.

I understand 10.10.3 can be made to work only by removing "Second Stage patch",and there is no way in 10.10.3 yet to get rid of artifacts?

I understand 10.10.3 can be made to work only by removing "Second Stage patch",and there is no way in 10.10.3 yet to get rid of artifacts?

I'm using the patch without issue on 10.10.3.

I did everything, but when I try booting with usb, even in safe mode, it won't boot. All I can see is a mouse that I can move, and then it restarts. Any suggestions?

I did everything, but when I try booting with usb, even in safe mode, it won't boot. All I can see is a mouse that I can move, and then it restarts. Any suggestions?

Do a fresh install. You probably installed some 3rd party kext that is not compatible.

You can boot from USB but all you see is a mouse, then restart, I think you have other problems (software). You should make a clean install again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back