Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I installed Yosemite and everything works great except this little thing. When waking up the GPU fan is working at max speed. According to HWMonitor the fan is running at about 1000 rpm, which is a lie.

The problem didn't happen after a clean install, nor after Multibeast. I suspect it's some installed application (possibly Adobe CC) but so far I have installed only the strictly necessary applications to be able to work, and I can't uninstall any of those.

I read somewhere in this forum that changing the system definition would solve it. I did that and my computer never booted again. Long story short I did a new install and I'm at the exact same point.

My current system is MacPro3,1.

I read somewhere that adding my GPU device ID somewhere in AGPM kext could solve the problem, but I haven't found that particular thread again and the plist in there is huge.

Any help is appreciated

Edit: Forgot to add my hardware

GA Z87M D3H
GTX 760
Core i5 4440

Hi Pier25!

It's easy add your device ID to AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext.

First, identify mac model you use in SMBIos (in my exemple, the system is iMac 12,2).

After this, you need a vendor/deviceid for your GPU. You can use System info for get it (for exemple, we use VEN ID = 10de e DEV ID = 0e22).

http://www.ideiadigital.net/blog/mac/OSX/systeminfortl.png

Now, you can edit a info.plist inside of AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext. Copy the kext to desktop and use right button, choose "Show Package Contents" > Contents > info.plist.

Inside of "IOKitPersonalities" key, AGPM > Machines, you will find your mac model.

http://www.ideiadigital.net/blog/mac/OSX/infoplistrtl.png

To make this process more easily, you can copy from iMac10,1 a Nvidia vendor key (10de) and paste in your mac model. After that, edit the device entry and put your GPU device.

http://www.ideiadigital.net/blog/mac/OSX/vendevidsrtl.png

Save the info.plist, and reinstall the kext with "kext wizard" or other method you desire.

Restart the system with "-v" and you can see the AGPM message, like this: [AGPM Controller] build GPUDict by Vendor10deDevice0e22.

sorry my english and I hope help you. :)

Best regards

Attachments

• systeminfortl.png
    systeminfortl.png
    143.2 KB · Views: 65
  • infoplistrtl.png
    infoplistrtl.png
    161.7 KB · Views: 56
  • vendevidsrtl.png
    vendevidsrtl.png
    97.9 KB · Views: 71
Hey thanks

In the plist I only definitions like Mac-031AEE4D24BFF0B1 ... how do I know which one is for MacPro3,1 ?

Edit: I've found MacPro4,1 but no definition for MacPro3,1... do I change the system definiton to 4,1?

No. It's better you use imac 14,2 or 13,1.
Its works well with your processor.

My system is a GA-z97-D3h, i7 4790k and GTX 660 and I use this definition (iMac14,2).

Best regards

Edit: I found some references for this MAC-XXXXXXXXX crazy numbers, and no one is macpro 3.1, Look at here (and the first linked page too): http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...94318-applenativegpupowermanagement-kext.html
In this links explain somethings about macpro machines uses (maybe when you use this definitions, some files has been deleted (or not loading) in system startup)

My plist doesn't have an entry for iMac 13 or 14 ...

View attachment 141973

What a version OSX installed?

No problem!

Just duplicate a imac12,2 twice. Rename one for 13,1 and other to 14,2 (that's a way I choose).
In my specific case, I add a Nvidia GTX660 GPU (Vendor10deDevice1ac0) and Nvidia HDMI (Vendor10deDevice0e0b). Just remove the AMD entrys if you want (like me). See the attached image.

If you don't feel confortable to do this, just use a 12,2 profile, adding and editing the entry.

Remember to make a backup the original Kext and when you proceed any update of system, check the Info.plis.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-24 at 09.18.27.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-24 at 09.18.27.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 50
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back