Nvidia GeForce GT 740
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I try to install 10.10.2 on a Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI + i7-4790K + EVGA Geforce GT740 SC +16GB RAM.
The install starts but after the Apple logo, the loading bar stops after 1/5th and it returns a blank screen with the wheel. I tried verbose mode and memory limit but it has no effect.
I have read here and there that HPET should be disabled but I don't see it in the BIOS.
Same for the Memory limit of the graphic card.
Any help would be welcome.

Regards :thumbup:

Hi,

I just noticed the installation is just fine now by doing -x at startup.
I hope next processes will be fine.

When completing the installation, the pc hangs if I do not launch Yosemite with "-x" again. I then get access to Yosemite's desktop but without material acceleration. When I try to use Multibeast, most of the time, it crashes before the end. I have the feeling there is an issue with the graphic card detection. When I do not use "-x" at loading, the OS loads horribly slow and the gauge bar locks at 1/3. :sick:

Did you install Nvidia Web Driver? If so, you would need to update to 343.02.02.f01

Hi lukazm,

I just tried without success. :confused:
I will try to revert first to Yosemite 10.10.0 to see if the PC behaves better.
Maybe it's a mistake to go for the last release? :|

Hi lukazm,

I just tried without success. :confused:
I will try to revert first to Yosemite 10.10.0 to see if the PC behaves better.
Maybe it's a mistake to go for the last release? :|

After installing the Nvidia Web Driver and restarting the computer.. did you afterwards click on the Nvidia icon on the menu and selected to use the Web Drivers(not the OSX Default), which then restarts makes it functional?

I have now reinstalled a 10.10.1 version and it seems a bit more stable.
I am still screwed though with the display part.

I have these drivers but none of them can be installed. It says it is not compatible with the version 10.10.1.
WebDriver-343.01.01f01
WebDriver-343.01.01f03
WebDriver-343.01.02b01

I start to get slowly crazy and thinking about returning to Windows 8 :mrgreen:

Help :eek:

Hi,

You know, it's my first hackintosh. I have not gone into this kind of thing (mounting pc and installing os with drivers) since I dropped Windows 95 and REGEDIT :D
It's no surprise if I suffer a lot... :mrgreen:. I spent the whole day figuring out what was the issue. For now, I will breathe a bit because I am tired. Thanks a lot for your link and advise. I am very grateful to your for the effort.
;)

Hi,

I tried the tutorial you sent to me and I have now a system that seems to work, apart from BT, sound and the second Ethernet port!
I am impressed about the general speed of the computer.
Just for your info, I tried to declare the computer as a powermac 3 but it has resulted in memory crashes and freezes.
I will check tomorrow if the computer is stable or not with the same settings as the ones Stork used.
For the moment, it still freezes sometimes.

If you have ideas on how to solve the 3 last issues, you would make me sooooooo happy :D

The sound works. I had only to declare the audio output in system preferences. The Ethernet port, wifi and bluetooth are not enabled. For the wifi, it's not possible. for the two others, I believe there must be something to enable them.

I also noticed that, despite the OS runs fine when I am into it, it generally freezes before the login screen, when I boot for the first time. After a hard reset, everything just goes fine at 2nd boot. I would be curious to see if other users experience the same trouble. And if anybody has an idea where this could come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back