RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Updated my ageing Inspiron 530 via Apple download site.
I am using Clover 3021.

Sound works fine after update without having to do anything ...one of beauties of Clover (I used Piker-Alpha's clover 8Series script originally to generate the clover patch and ALC888 kext).
So Clover makes the HDA updates immune :clap:
I am really getting impressed with Clover.

The only thing I noticed was that after the update installed and restarted, I logged in and the OSX was prompting me to sign-in into iCloud...like as if I had just installed the OS. I did that it continued to "Setup the mac...".
Strange but everything seems to work.

I restarted once more. This time, I now how a Guest user login in addition to my own login.
That is, the update process seems to have added a Guest user. Huh ?

Article: OS X 10.10.1 Update

Updated my ageing Inspiron 530 via Apple download site.
I am using Clover 3021.

The only thing I noticed was that after the update installed and restarted, I logged in and the OSX was prompting me to sign-in into iCloud...like as if I had just installed the OS. I did that it continued to "Setup the mac...".
Strange but everything seems to work.

If you need to sign in to iCloud again after upgrading OS it usually means that you are missing some information in Clover setup. Check this with e.g. iMessageDebug to see if the information changes or is missing after booting your system. If this happens your iMessage connection could be blocked by Apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back