Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Prime Z370-A
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Hello, I have not much experience in the hackintosh world, I built mine following guides at tonymac with detail.

I built my Hackintosh a year ago under High Sierra, then I uploaded to mojave, everithing working fine! Today as every single day I turned it on and started working in my stuff. Something was weird because suddenly the mojave background image switched to white, and the Apple mail showed lightings on every account (it ususally happends when no internet connection) but everithing else was working normally. I decided to reboot but never booted again, it is in a permanent reboot loop after passing around the 60% of the apple logo bar. I don't know what to do, I am not an expert... PLEASE HELP ME. (Sorry for my English, I am Spaniard).

Hi, it seems there is some worldwide issue with Macs right now since Monday night:

I experienced similar problem today, I noticed Outlook no longer receives emails, Parallels fail to start at all;
after reboot of my hackintosh, it failed to boot at around 60-75% boot strip;

I did High Sierra 10.13.6 reinstall from usb stick (luckily), took roughly 30 minutes;
after successfully booting back into "fixed" OS (all data and software work, nothing got deleted it seems), I noticed "var1" folder in system root, modified today at around 0:56 midnight, which is probably cause of boot corruption (?!), I briefly explored it has something to do with Google and/or Flash...

Wow! It blows my mind away... I am AVID Pro Tools user so maybe this is the case. I am now copying all the files in my user folder from the recovery mode to another HDD for safe. I need my computer for working and I am a little bit frightened. I will try the High Sierra reinstall you mentioned after the copy proccess ends but if anyone have other suggestion please let me know. Thank you so much tzzsmk for throwing light over this issue.

Its more than avid users. I am down as well.

Same here. My MBP on 10.14.6 began losing all network connectivity last night, and a restart turned into a bootloop. Had to reinstall from recovery mode.

Also got a call this morning from my Mom, whose Mac Mini is doing the exact same thing today. Gotta head over and fix it for her later.

Neither of us are Avid users. There's something else going on.

Anyone know of a way to fix this without reinstalling the OS? My boot stick isn't readable so I am sort of stuck.

I solved it!! I think only mojave users can do it. I enter in recovery mode, and I was going to restore a timemachine copy from the last week (I did not have a newer one). But (I think from mojave) Mac os create snapshots/restoration points every day in the OS drive, so, in the recovery mode/time machine/OS drive I restored to September 23th. It took less than a minute and I have my hackintosh working again!! I hope this solution work for you. Anyway, always it is possible to restore from recovery mode/time machine/other backup done in your backups drive.

Hey,

I just had the same issue on Mojave 10.14.6.
The Spotlight search "cmd+ space" suddenly did not shows all the results, and preview stop to functioning so I reboot and I have been in loop boot.
I removed the battery to reset the bios, but it dit not work, to solve the issue I just had to disconnect my external TM backup HDD et voila ! However for preview I think it's related to my new clover folders that needs some tricking...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back