Contribute
Register

1 PCIE slot not working (rest occupied so forced to use this one) giving error!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi!

I'm using an Asus Sabertooth X79 motherboard on my hackintosh build.
I'm also using an Intel 3930k CPU.

Other than that, I have a soundcard called RME HDSPe installed aswell as a graphicscard (GeForce GTX 660) and now I installed this new Wirless network card which is TP-LINK N900 Wireless Dual Band. and that's it.

I keep getting this error:

reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key hackintosh

I've checked the boot priority and the BBS but I just can't change anything at all.

I found out that its ONLY This slot on the motherboard that gives me this error message which makes it impossible to me to even boot into OSX anymore.

What can I do to fix this issue? I NEED this wireless network card that I've put into this PCIe slot becuase without it I can't run internet due to my new ISP, new router and new apartment.

The slot that this is installed to is this slot (slot #2 on the picture):

http://gyazo.com/8486f5f4741d33d1221fec7936bf9bbb

which seems to be a PCIe 2.0 x1_1 slot.

PLEASE, I really need help! I tried to install other things such as soundcard in this slot too but it gives me the same error!

Thank you so much for help. Its much appreciated.

Hi!

I'm using an Asus Sabertooth X79 motherboard on my hackintosh build.
I'm also using an Intel 3930k CPU.

Other than that, I have a soundcard called RME HDSPe installed aswell as a graphicscard (GeForce GTX 660) and now I installed this new Wirless network card which is TP-LINK N900 Wireless Dual Band. and that's it.

I keep getting this error:

reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key hackintosh

I've checked the boot priority and the BBS but I just can't change anything at all.

I found out that its ONLY This slot on the motherboard that gives me this error message which makes it impossible to me to even boot into OSX anymore.

What can I do to fix this issue? I NEED this wireless network card that I've put into this PCIe slot becuase without it I can't run internet due to my new ISP, new router and new apartment.

The slot that this is installed to is this slot (slot #2 on the picture):

http://gyazo.com/8486f5f4741d33d1221fec7936bf9bbb

which seems to be a PCIe 2.0 x1_1 slot.

PLEASE, I really need help! I tried to install other things such as soundcard in this slot too but it gives me the same error!

Thank you so much for help. Its much appreciated.

I've not had this problem myself, but I've heard that if you move the PCIe cards around (swap slots) sometimes it will go away. Something about the motherboard/BIOS reenumerating the cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back