Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Tong Fang GI5CN5E (U3E1)
CPU
Intel Core i7-8750H - Coffee Lake 14 nm
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Hi all. First time Hackintosh-ing and everything is running great - bar the graphics. I've scoured around the tonymacx86 forums and tried everything I could find but nothing has worked thus far so I'm resorting to posting my final problem on here.

The internal Intel UHD 630 graphics are working (at least I assume that's what's running at present) but I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti installed that I don't seem to able to get to work properly.

In System Report - Graphics/Displays (see accompanying image):
- A NVIDIA video card is detected but it only states "NVIDIA Chip Model" rather than GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
- Total VRAM is stated as 0MB

When running Logic Pro X I get some crazy stuff flashing on screen and graphics moves slowly and jittery. The audio runs seamlessly however so I suspect it's not the software itself. I've tried turning off InjectNvidia, downloading a web driver, setting NvidiaWeb to true, setting nvda_drv=1, nvram, emuvariable but nothings worked or maybe I've had the wrong combinations?

Here's a dump of my system/machine/other:

Processor: Intel Core i7-8750H Coffee Lake 14nm
Motherboard: Tong Fang GI5CN5E (AMI N.1.03 BIOS)
Memory: 8GB DDR4
Storage: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 (16G29)
iMac14,2

NVidia web driver: 378.05.05.25f01 (installed succesfully, see accompanying image)

config.plist (see accompanying file)
Boot arguments: nvda_drv=1 dart=0 PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000
GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• System Graphics.jpg
    System Graphics.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 323
  • Graphics drivers.jpg
    Graphics drivers.jpg
    374 KB · Views: 286
  • Nvidia driver manager.jpg
    Nvidia driver manager.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 246
  • config.plist
    6.7 KB · Views: 203
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No is for the Chimera bootloader - It has no meaning in Clover.

GTX 1050 dependencies :

1. Native NVRAM support or an emulation of same - Test
2. At least 10.12.4.
3. The correct web drivers matched to the OS build number.
4. No use of nv_disable=1.
5. NvidiaWeb=true in config.plist.
6. May need SIP fully disabled - CsrActiveConfig=0x67.
7. May need Lilu.kext and WhatEverGreen.kext.

This is a laptop therefore you should be disabling the GPU and using UHD 630. Post in the Laptop support forum for help.
You don't want to be using Unibeast and Multibeast for install and post install. The 14,2 sysdef is for an iMac. Find a suitable guide in the laptop forums and perform a clean install using that.

Last edited:
Winner, thanks very much.

I'll do just that.

On second thoughts is it really that set in stone?

Everything is running seamlessly bar this one hitch and both Unibeast and Multibeast work/ed fine without any problems. Clover runs great, windows 10 boots and runs great, mac OS runs great.

On second thoughts is it really that set in stone?

Everything is running seamlessly bar this one hitch and both Unibeast and Multibeast work/ed fine without any problems. Clover runs great, windows 10 boots and runs great, mac OS runs great.
What about the battery status meter, backlight control, sleep and wake, trackpad function, USB 3 ports, do they function as USB 3 or 2 etc. etc. ? There are many things to fix so that a laptop is fully working. None of these are adressed by an install with Unibeast/Multibeast. You should post your problem reporting files in Sierra Laptop support and have someone there take a look to see what needs to be done.

Yep, everything else is working bar the backlight control from that list. None the less, you're right I'll take it over to the laptop support.

everything else is working bar the backlight control
Sounds like you've got a very highly compatible laptop there. When you post your problem reporting files in Laptop support one of the moderators there will help you fix the backlight control issue and identify other problems you may not yet be aware of. Here's the thread to read first. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/laptop-compatibility.106791/
After that post in the support forum for the version of macOS you are currently running. Best of luck. :thumbup:

Hi all. First time Hackintosh-ing and everything is running great - bar the graphics. I've scoured around the tonymacx86 forums and tried everything I could find but nothing has worked thus far so I'm resorting to posting my final problem on here.

The internal Intel UHD 630 graphics are working (at least I assume that's what's running at present) but I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti installed that I don't seem to able to get to work properly.

In System Report - Graphics/Displays (see accompanying image):
- A NVIDIA video card is detected but it only states "NVIDIA Chip Model" rather than GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
- Total VRAM is stated as 0MB

When running Logic Pro X I get some crazy stuff flashing on screen and graphics moves slowly and jittery. The audio runs seamlessly however so I suspect it's not the software itself. I've tried turning off InjectNvidia, downloading a web driver, setting NvidiaWeb to true, setting nvda_drv=1, nvram, emuvariable but nothings worked or maybe I've had the wrong combinations?

Here's a dump of my system/machine/other:

mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 (16G29)
iMac14,2

NVidia web driver: 378.05.05.25f01 (installed succesfully, see accompanying image)

config.plist (see accompanying file)
Boot arguments: nvda_drv=1 dart=0 PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000
GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Thanks in advance!

I have a problem same you , how to solved it ?
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back