Register

[05/02 Added Temporary Fix] Pascal / GTX 1060 Glitching after waking from sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
April 28th 2018
Reporting: Not fixed
High Sierra: 10.13.4
Build: 17E202

When awakening from sleep, the system will restart on its own. Looks like it's gotten even worse.

hey guys, has anyone found a solution and not just a temporary fix? i actually sent in my card for an RMA since i thought my card was faulty. I had issues not just when booting into mac but also some graphical peculiarities in BIOS, so I thought it was related to my specific card.
image.jpg

This is my HW:

[CPU][Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor] |
[CPU Cooler][Noctua - NH-L9i 33.8 CFM CPU Cooler] |
[Motherboard][ASRock - Z370M-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard] |
[Memory][Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory] |
[Storage][Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive] |
[Storage][Plextor - M6e 256GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive] |
[Video Card][Asus - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Strix Video Card] |
[Power Supply][SeaSonic - 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply]

I first posted on this thread maybe a year ago; and, in this time, there STILL seems to have been no fix for this issue. Some months ago, I got fed-up and bought an RX 580 8GB (with which I'm very satisfied).

(And, in case anyone wonders if it may just be a Hackintosh-related issue, know that it has nothing to do with the root problem of the 1060 and its drivers: I'm using a genuine Mac Pro tower.)

10.13.4 with the last nvidia driver fixed it for me. Am using dual monitors connected via DisplayPort. System has been rock solid.

Wow, seriously? I hope that's the case for everyone.

Reporting on 6th of June 2018
macOS Sierra 10.12.6 16G1408

Issue is still not fixed

10.13.4 with the last nvidia driver fixed it for me. Am using dual monitors connected via DisplayPort. System has been rock solid.

I can confirm that an upgrade to High Sierra has also fixed the issue for me. I'm running 10.13.5 with web driver 387.10.10.10.45.106 and have been testing for about a week. Now sleeps fine and wakes without any graphical glitches. Single display port display on a GTX 1060.

I did a direct upgrade with APFS enabled using the the following guide and have had no issues at all:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/

High Sierra is the most 'complete' hackintosh experience I've had, so I recommend the upgrade.

I can confirm that this issue appears to be fixed in High Sierra. I will continue testing and report back if this changes or is no longer the case.

Some of the blame appears to have been on my end for my reports, as my USB 3.0 PCIe card apparently is responsible. Specifically, when the 3rd party USB 3.0 driver is installed in MultiBeast.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back