Contribute
Register

[05/02 Added Temporary Fix] Pascal / GTX 1060 Glitching after waking from sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: it has been a while now since I talked with NVIDIA support and got them to replicate the glitch on their test machines. I am presuming that a driver update should be coming with the release of High Sierra, but I was still curious to know if they would be releasing a driver sooner: I've just become increasingly annoyed by the fact that I have to re-log each time I sit down at my computer. (The hot-corner thing has never worked for me.)

So, I'll what they say about it and will update you all on it ASAP. Again, I'm assuming a new driver will be here for High Sierra, but nothing is for certain. I'm just hoping that they have made progress on this bug fix! (And, BTW, I am running a genuine 2009 Mac Pro with an ASUS GTX 1060 SC 6GB.)
So it's not just custoMac users? It's actual Macs as well? Could you provide evidence or something of the sort for reassuring purposes?

I'm thinking about switching to a 1070. I just recently heard from a moderator that they were having lagg issues on their 1080, specifically using 10.13.3, but previous High Sierra versions were not an issue. I feel like this may be due to the spectre meltdown thing, I don't know -I figure I would mention it.

This is still pretty ridiculous though.

So it's not just custoMac users? It's actual Macs as well? Could you provide evidence or something of the sort for reassuring purposes?

Yes, it's an issue with OSX drivers—not hardware. I wouldn't go with ANY 10xx card, actually, because they all apparently have issues of their own. Now, while said issues with other 10-series cards are merely minor ailments in comparison to that which plagues the 1060, they still should warrant some concern. I've heard that the GTX 1080/Ti is the only 'usable' 10xx card within OSX. (At the very least, the NVIDIA drivers negatively affect its performance.) The 1050s are second to the 1060s (regarding this mess), and the 1070 is somewhere in between: it might reveal glitches here and there and may give a black screen at wake-up. I've heard several stories.

The workaround? Either buy a 960/970/980 or switch to AMD. The drivers associated with my RX 580 are absolutely wonderful; my genuine Mac Pro purrs. I know that this isn't a direct solution, but there currently IS no fix for this card. I highly doubt that—anytime soon—we'll see a driver which fixes this massive muck-up.

The sleep issue seems to be gone in the latest driver on 10.13.3 with my 1060. But sometimes after a wake I still need to turn off my display and then turn it back on to get a picture. At least it's not completely freezing the machine now. But the UI is super laggy and it makes it difficult to use. I'm probably going to sell this card and get a Radeon, this is a joke.

The sleep issue seems to be gone in the latest driver on 10.13.3 with my 1060. But sometimes after a wake I still need to turn off my display and then turn it back on to get a picture. At least it's not completely freezing the machine now. But the UI is super laggy and it makes it difficult to use. I'm probably going to sell this card and get a Radeon, this is a joke.
It still occurs for Sierra 16G1212.

Hello everyone,

The new version of the Nvidia Web Driver 387.10.10.10.25.158 a few light lags (much less and usable compared to 387.10.10.10.25.156 version), but solves a problem that many people have long since especially on the Pascal series (i've a GTX 1060 6GB : Gigabyte GTX 1060 Mini ITX OC 6G - GV-N1060IXOC-6GD).

With each new driver, I test the suspension of activity that creates glitching after the sleep awakening when the gpu is solicited as a benchmark for example.

The 387.10.10.10.25.158 version solves this big problem, I just tested at the moment.

Otherwise the installation procedure of the Nvidia Web Driver is still a problem and long (CsrActiveConfig to 0x0 and touch ./Library/Extension ./System/Library/Extension in recovery mode), compared to the AMD RX 560, 570 and 580 , natively supported.

It is already good that this solution for glitching.

Have a good day.

Queenmallory

Last edited:
Nice to hear some news, so you don't have any issues with the monitor after sleep?
I'm still stuck with the .106 Webdriver, because i have some lags with the newer ones, probably due to the kaby lake cpu...

Hello everyone,

The new version of the Nvidia Web Driver 387.10.10.10.25.158 a few light lags (much less and usable compared to 387.10.10.10.25.156 version), but solves a problem that many people have long since especially on the Pascal series (i've a GTX 1060 6GB : Gigabyte GTX 1060 Mini ITX OC 6G - GV-N1060IXOC-6GD).

With each new driver, I test the suspension of activity that creates glitching after the sleep awakening when the gpu is solicited as a benchmark for example.

The 387.10.10.10.25.158 version solves this big problem, I just tested at the moment.

Otherwise the installation procedure of the Nvidia Web Driver is still a problem and long (CsrActiveConfig to 0x0 and touch ./Library/Extension ./System/Library/Extension in recovery mode), compared to the AMD RX 560, 570 and 580 , natively supported.

It is already good that this solution for glitching.

Have a good day.

Queenmallory
Is that for High Sierra?

Driver 158 does indeed fix the glitches after waking from sleep on High Sierra with a 1060 for me. But it's so laggy it is unusable!

Driver 158 does indeed fix the glitches after waking from sleep on High Sierra with a 1060 for me. But it's so laggy it is unusable!
Funny thing. I think, I experienced the same withe .156 driver but performance lags still keep me away from using them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back