Contribute
Register

[05/02 Added Temporary Fix] Pascal / GTX 1060 Glitching after waking from sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
My system is HS10.13, GTX 1060 3GB. also glitch after some action like wake from sleep. if i switch the resolution then i can fix it for a while, but i have this issue about three times a day. sometimes the screen falls in a very slow modus, and my user logg off without saving, i think it is also the GTX 1060. however i think i will switch the hardware.
I am having exactly the same problem as you. So i suppose it is a 1060 issue. Chances for fixing it by nVidia are quite low... :(

I am having exactly the same problem as you. So i suppose it is a 1060 issue. Chances for fixing it by nVidia are quite low... :(

My question is whether this symptom occurs when you put the monitor only to sleep?. Or if the system sleep?

My question is whether this symptom occurs when you put the monitor only to sleep?. Or if the system sleep?

It just happens after the system sleep.

It just happens after the system sleep.
Thanks for the update. I never sleep system. Just sleep the monitor, most of the time with hot corner command. Just ordered ZOTAC GTX 1060 AMP EDITION 6GB card. Hope it's value for money

Mcity

I have a dual monitor system and after updating to 10.13.2 the hot corner sleep trick didn't resolve the screen glitch issue. Ended up purchasing a cheap 1 in 2 out HDMI splitter and now when the screen messes up I can just press the button on the splitter and momentarily switch to the empty output then back to fix it (rather than unplugging the HDMI cable). Thought I would throw this out as another possible work around.

I've just been pressing Command+F1 when it happens which switches to screen mirroring. It works fine but if you don't have dual displays I can't imagine it would work.

Now my HS install is sometimes crashing when it happens and I have to hard reset. :(

Hi, i bump this thread because all of the proposed temporal fix doesnt work for me (except log out method) i think due to my monitor runs at 144hz. The only temp. fix for me is changing the Hz to anyone (at this point seems to be fixed) and back to 144Hz again in Preferences -> Display. Without display sleep or logging out.

Sorry for my veeeery bad english.

Well, the deed has been done... in the fall, I gave up on my GTX 1060 and ordered an RX 580 8GB (which works beautifully, I might add). Around the time this thread began, I was able to contact NVIDIA support and properly convey the issue to them; they were able to replicate said issue in a lab, and they told me that they would work on it. Some months passed, and I still hadn't heard anything. I think I e-mailed back twice—the latest being July of 2017. Subsequently, I received a reply (as can be seen on page 8 of this thread), but it only reminded me that progress is still slow and the cause of the glitch is still unknown.

I am glad that they had initially reviewed my e-mails and had reproduced the glitch themselves, but what eventually began to irk me was the fact that, apparently, zero realistic progress was being made, in finding out the source of the glitch. It is my belief that this card is doomed for good—that we likely will not see properly-working drivers with this generation of NVIDIA cards. If and when Apple releases a new Mac Pro, they'll likely prompt NVIDIA to up their game a bit with these drivers; however, for now, it seems as though these fantastic cards are relegated to shoddy support. I've given up on this. I'll keep up with the news, but I certainly will not continue running this GTX 1060 within my Mac Pro. It works totally fine under Windows, but it's not to be running OSX.

And, I would suggest that you all purchase the RX 580, but miners have since driven up the prices. For now, I feel as though it is more worthwhile for a Hackintosh / Macintosh user to—if he wants NVIDIA—run a GTX 960/970/980. There is too much hassle associated with 10xx cards. :!:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back