Contribute
Register

[05/02 Added Temporary Fix] Pascal / GTX 1060 Glitching after waking from sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I did not know that someone else was also talking with NVIDIA! I messaged them whenever it was when I first commented on this thread, and they were able to replicate the issue on their machines. Seemed promising, but then I saw no signs of driver updates for at least a month.

Now, it hasn't even been a month since you last talked with them, but I suppose my having just sent another e-mail to Ray now may potentially uncover some new things. It's good that we have more people in contact with NVIDIA.

Oh, I did not know that someone else was also talking with NVIDIA! I messaged them whenever it was when I first commented on this thread, and they were able to replicate the issue on their machines. Seemed promising, but then I saw no signs of driver updates for at least a month.

Now, it hasn't even been a month since you last talked with them, but I suppose my having just sent another e-mail to Ray now may potentially uncover some new things. It's good that we have more people in contact with NVIDIA.
Thanks for pinging Nvidia on this. I believe there is also a lot of Kernel Exception crashes when using opencl, hopefully they address some of that as well.

Update -

After changing my setup slightly I can sleep / wake my system with no issue. Specifically I upgraded the primary (middle) monitor in a 3-monitor setup.

New/working setup:
Primary monitor (LG 27UD69P-W) connected via DisplayPort (to the upper-left-most DP port on EVGA GeForce GTX 1060).
Monitor 2 connected via DP (DP-to-DVI cable)
Monitor 3 connected via DVI (DVI cable)

Previous/non-working setup:
Primary monitor connected via DVI. (The old primary monitor was an Apple 20" CinemaDisplay circa 2004 with ADP-to-DVI adapter. Nostalgia!)
Monitor 2 connected via DP (hdmi-to-DP cable)
Monitor 3 connected via DP (hdmi-to-DP cable)

If it matters, no exact match for the new primary monitor exists in "/System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-1e6d", which corresponds to LG. There are a few other/default LG monitors listed in there though.

Sorry for the lack of specific info, but it's all I have! Side note, the LG 27UD69P-W monitor is awesome.

Interesting... I wonder if direct connection to DP has something to do with it. Alas, I have no monitors which use DP. My main is plugged in with HDMI, and my 2002 23" Apple Cinema HD Display (when used) is plugged in with DVI.

UPDATE:

I had e-mailed NVIDIA again because I hadn't heard from them in a long time. I got a response from Ray. Unfortunately, progress is slow.

"Our development team is still investigating the issue but unfortunately not much progress yet. We were able to easily replicate the same glitches in our lab and development is seeing quite a few channel exception errors when attempting to sync with the display, although we're not exactly sure why yet. Last update from development was they are still debugging, so unfortunately not much more update."

this in happening to me too. gainward phoneix gtx 1060 6gb
very rare though,once a week

Hi - I have a similar problem but seems to be slightly different. It manifests itself as lots of inverted colours etc on the screen which seems to move between three different states of noise/static when I click. It is fixed by unplugging display, changing res, display on/off. Is this likely the same deal or do I have something else going on?

Hi - I have a similar problem but seems to be slightly different. It manifests itself as lots of inverted colours etc on the screen which seems to move between three different states of noise/static when I click. It is fixed by unplugging display, changing res, display on/off. Is this likely the same deal or do I have something else going on?
as per rules, please update your hardware profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back