Contribute
Register

[05/02 Added Temporary Fix] Pascal / GTX 1060 Glitching after waking from sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of you have EVGA GTX 1060? I feel most of us have this issue due to same GPU.

I have EVGA GTX 1060 SC 6GB.

Let people know what GPU model and brand do you have.

Thanks! good to know.
And the solution helps!
Thank you

Same issue here. After waking from sleep, any video-intensive process will make the screen completely bug out. FYI this is a new build.

The hot-corner bandaid works for me thus far, thanks for that @aol @pinktank

I just submitted a bug report to nvidia.

Build:
EVGA GEForce GTX 1060 SSC 6GB
NVidia web drivers v378.05.05.15f01
G-Sync disabled
DisplayPort (DP-to-DVI cable to DVI monitor)
Sierra 10.12.5 (16F73)
Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 (BIOS vF21)
Clover mac setting: iMac 14,2

Last edited:
I can report that I am having the same issue with the Gigabyte GTX 1060 6G. Luckily the hot-corner method also results in a fix for me. Interestingly when the issue arrises I can use screen sharing on the affected machine perfectly without noticing the glitch.

Build:
Gigabyte GTX 1060 WINDFORCE OC 6G (GV-N1060WF2OC-6GD)
NVidia web drivers v378.05.05.15f01
Display Port Connection
Sierra 10.12.5
Gigabyte GA-Z170N-WIFI
Intel i6500

Didn't know about the hot-corner fix but I found changing the resolution of my monitor in system preferences to anything else and then changing back works, too. I find it a little easier than having to sleep and re-wake.

I can confirm that this approach works better than the hot corner fix. When using hot corner fix the problem seem to be fixed partially and even the animation goes smoother, I can still see some glitches on the dock when running launcpad. Using above method (changing resolution) entirely fix the problem and all animations are as smooth as butter. Thanks for the tips.

My hack:
Asus Maximus VII Hero
Intel Core i7-4790K
24GB RAM (8 GB G.Skill & 16 GB Kingston HyperX Fury)
MSI GTX 1060 3GB Gaming X
macOS Sierra 10.12.5
Running latest NVIDIA Web Driver 378.05.05.15f01

I made an app includes a basic script. when you click on it:
  • it puts display into sleep
  • waits 1 second
  • wakes up display
  • Closes itself

do shell script "pmset displaysleepnow"
delay 1
do shell script "caffeinate -u -t 2"

Attachments

• GTX1060-FIX.zip
    87.1 KB · Views: 295
I made an app includes a basic script.

You sort of read my mind, this is a great idea. Question, though... Do you know if you have to wait for the glitch to start happening before you use the sleep display fix? I guess what I'm getting at is, there are a few solutions that will run a script on wake and I am wondering if running the script at every wake would prevent the glitch.

I feel like I tried the hot corner right after waking up the computer once and the glitch happened after that, but I don't remember for sure. I don't have my 1060 installed right now, so I can't test it.

I made an app includes a basic script. when you click on it:
  • it puts display into sleep
  • waits 1 second
  • wakes up display
  • Closes itself

do shell script "pmset displaysleepnow"
delay 1
do shell script "caffeinate -u -t 2"
BINGO!! It works for me. :thumbup: :clap: :clap:

However, I'm disappointed that Nvidia has not offered up a solution. Last driver version was released May 16.

EVGA gtx1060 SSC 6gb (2 fan). I think it is driver related as well, a lot more people are reporting it on insanelymac
I have the same GPU like yours and the screen goes crazy like you said. Turning off the monitor and turning it back on works for me. I wish an update got released soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back