Contribute
Register

[05/02 Added Temporary Fix] Pascal / GTX 1060 Glitching after waking from sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had asked Ray about whether or not the issue that they replicated was in data form or if it was observational. He told me that they noticed basically what we have been noticing on our systems: slowdowns, graphics corruptions while navigating through the UI, etc.

Very reassuring that they are now aware of this. I'll update you guys as long as support updates me!
Thanks a million for all the work. I'll try to get a log from a crash. I can probably cause it using the select and mask tool, try it on a large file (320MP tiff) with layers. It's the latest version of CC. They already know of the Camera Raw bug though, I'm guessing they are related, perhaps framebuffer/photoshop gpu acceleration related

Was redirected here from mods after posting about the same problem; just submitted the NVIDIA request. Chiming in with my experiences:

The hot corner fix works for me, however I can't bring back audio. Before updating the driver, I would just select a different output then reselect Digital Out (which is how I currently get my audio). Honestly, I'm just relieved that the issue isn't unique to my system!

Yeah, thankfully this issue is common (only in the sense that nobody is in the dark with it). I internally freaked out when I saw my screen spazzing out. It was actually worse for me with driver #2. Some of my applications had the effect of a flickering CRT display. I'm glad NVIDIA now knows about it. I am sure they are working diligently.

The hot corner fix works for me.

I built a new Hackintosh with a GB Z270X-Ultra Gaming board, i7-7700 and a EVGA 1060 6GB graphics card. Seeing this issue after sleep. I've been toggling the display off and back on and that fixes it every time. It's connected over Display Port.

Good work bringing this to Nvidias attention! Hopefully we see a proper fix soon!

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this exact same problem. So, I guess the only thing we can do is to wait for Nvidia to fix and provide an update?

In the meantime, however, has anyone else noticed that the problems kick in a few seconds after waking? I mean, immediately after wake, everything seems fine. Only after a varying amount of seconds do all the problems begin. I tried poring over the console log to see what could be happening after waking that could be causing this. Not only are there gazillions of stuff reported to log, but most of them are way over my head LOL. Lots of messaging to various daemons that the power is now on, especially for bluetooth, even though I disabled it.

Has anyone with more tech knowledge tried this to get a sense of what could be causing this? Seems like a simple problem with a simple fix. But then again, what the hell do I know? :)

S

FWIW, the only sure ways of clearing up the tearing/flickering/lagging issue after sleep, for me at least, are:

1. Rebooting the system
2. disconnecting then reconnecting the HDMI connection
3. logging out then logging back in

hot corner sleep fix doesn't work for me. The system in question has the following specs:

* Gigabyte z77-wifi mobo
* Intel core i7-3770s
* EVGA gtx 1060 3gb
* 16GB g.skill RAM
* 256gb mushkin SSD
* macOS Sierra 10.12.5
* nvidia web driver 15f1 (latest as of writing)

Other than that the system works beautifully. All I had to do was to create the OS install USB stick using the latest Unibeast, install Sierra, reboot and finish off with Multibeast to install drivers for Realtek NIC and audio, install the latest pascal enabled nvidia web driver, then reboot. Followed the guide to fix iMessage/iCloud.

No complicated mucking with the config.plist file, no messing with adding obscure kexts. Very easy install, resulting in a great and blazingly fast hackintosh system!

Please nvidia fix the problem in the next update!

S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back