CPU
I7-7700K
Graphics
HD 630 + RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
With the latest web drivers, I have this issue where after a few seconds of running something that uses HW acceleration (like firefox) the display becomes super glitchy with flickering and partial inversions within the window I am working in. I don't have a ssdt patch for the card and I have tried both the AGDPfix and the Lilu+graphics kexts methods to solve the black screen at boot issue. This is with displayport and imac 17,1 I attached an ioreg

*update, also glitches after working with it for a while even if I don't put it to sleep. Card not overheated or anything. not even warm. SSDT for GFX1 doesn't chance anything. No problems in windows, tried benchmarking it also before sleep in osx, no problems until you hit this magical glitch. For what its worth, it takes one click to wake the computer up, another to wake the display up

First aid for the time being:
  • go to preferences > mission control > hot corners set one corner to sleep displays, use it whenever your card goes bonkers, it comes back working. –credit to @aol in the pascal driver thread, don't rely on it though and save your data, I had one instance where I couldn't get them working again.
  • Log Out and Log in back again, though above is much easier and can be done without seeing

credit to @morrism later in the thread, you can also make an app follow a script like the following that some people found more effective. I'm also attaching it as an app. You can then use Automator to create a service that will launch this application and bind it to a keyboard shortcut using the keyboard menu in sytem preferences.

Code:
tell application "System Preferences"
   --no activate
   set current pane to pane "com.apple.preference.displays"
end tell

tell application "System Events"
   tell process "System Preferences"
       tell window 1
           click radio button "Scaled" of radio group 1 of tab group 1
           delay 1
           select row 2 of table 1 of scroll area 1 of tab group 1
           delay 1
           select row 1 of table 1 of scroll area 1 of tab group 1
       end tell
   end tell
end tell

quit application "System Preferences"

Attachments

• iMac.zip
    569 KB · Views: 429
  • CLOVER.zip
    460.9 KB · Views: 460
  • GTX1060 Fix.zip
    51.2 KB · Views: 663
Last edited:
I have issue like this, after wake up in 10 seconds, GTX 1060 starting glitch. It fixing unplug => plug my hdmi... I think it is driver problem. What card do you have? I have Gigabyte g1 gaming 1060 6gb

AND I have a problem:
GPUSensors at loading system => kernel panic

AND Fans on VideoCard stop every time
Fans stop because new GPUs only run their fans when they get hot. They are driven by their firmware not the OS. No need to install GPU sensors. I'm guessing you did so because there was another person confused about the fans and asked about them. You can confirm by running a GPU benchmark like Luxmark. They will start spinning soon after it begins.

Having problem only after sleep with MSI GTX 1060 3GB, logout login fixes it. No problem if I do not use sleep.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back