Motherboard
GA-Z270MX
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 770
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
For some reason, the sleep display fix no longer worked for me after switching to Intel HD 630 and back again to the GTX 1060. Prior to switching to Intel, sleep display worked flawlessly. So I tried the change resolution fix and it seems to work as well as the display sleep ever did. In fact, it is much faster for me. Thanks to morrism for the Applescript, it works perfectly. Only problem is it wouldn't compile without changing to
Code:
quit application "System Preferences"

I saved it as an application and run it on the same hot corner with a free app I found called CornerClick.
http://gschueler.github.io/CornerClick/

I also created a simple AppleScript to do this and binded it to run on a hotkey:

tell application "System Preferences"
--no activate
set current pane to pane "com.apple.preference.displays"
end tell

tell application "System Events"
tell process "System Preferences"
tell window 1
click radio button "Scaled" of radio group 1 of tab group 1
delay 1
select row 2 of table 1 of scroll area 1 of tab group 1
delay 1
select row 1 of table 1 of scroll area 1 of tab group 1
end tell
end tell
end tell

tell application "System Preferences"
quit
end tell

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus Z170-A
CPU
i5 6600K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 1060 3GB
not sure if related, but i'm having another problem besides the one we all got here. My final cut pro does crash and stutter using the evga gtx1060. Could that be a driver issue?

Motherboard
HP Omen 15-dc0045nr
CPU
i7 8750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1070, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
not sure if related, but i'm having another problem besides the one we all got here. My final cut pro does crash and stutter using the evga gtx1060. Could that be a driver issue?
I have a similar problem with DaVinci Resolve (and today it happened with Premiere CC2017). The app hangs, crashes and closes. Sometimes the crash logs me out of my user account. This happens specially when using apps that rely hard on the graphics card (DaVinci with Noise reduction or Premiere with CUDA/OPENCL plugins)

Motherboard
Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
CPU
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Thank you very much! Hot corners was the solution!

Glad I'm not the only one! Seems all of us are using 1060's !

Thank you for the Script (y)

Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hoping we see an update soon. I'm looking to go with a gtx 1060 for my build.

Motherboard
ASROCK LGA
CPU
i3 Quad
Graphics
GTX 1050Ti
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Update: it has been a while now since I talked with NVIDIA support and got them to replicate the glitch on their test machines. I am presuming that a driver update should be coming with the release of High Sierra, but I was still curious to know if they would be releasing a driver sooner: I've just become increasingly annoyed by the fact that I have to re-log each time I sit down at my computer. (The hot-corner thing has never worked for me.)

So, I'll what they say about it and will update you all on it ASAP. Again, I'm assuming a new driver will be here for High Sierra, but nothing is for certain. I'm just hoping that they have made progress on this bug fix! (And, BTW, I am running a genuine 2009 Mac Pro with an ASUS GTX 1060 SC 6GB.)

Motherboard
ASROCK LGA
CPU
i3 Quad
Graphics
GTX 1050Ti
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Oh, I did not know that someone else was also talking with NVIDIA! I messaged them whenever it was when I first commented on this thread, and they were able to replicate the issue on their machines. Seemed promising, but then I saw no signs of driver updates for at least a month.

Now, it hasn't even been a month since you last talked with them, but I suppose my having just sent another e-mail to Ray now may potentially uncover some new things. It's good that we have more people in contact with NVIDIA.

Motherboard
Asrock Z270X ITX Fatality
CPU
I7-7700K
Graphics
HD 630 + RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Oh, I did not know that someone else was also talking with NVIDIA! I messaged them whenever it was when I first commented on this thread, and they were able to replicate the issue on their machines. Seemed promising, but then I saw no signs of driver updates for at least a month.

Now, it hasn't even been a month since you last talked with them, but I suppose my having just sent another e-mail to Ray now may potentially uncover some new things. It's good that we have more people in contact with NVIDIA.
Thanks for pinging Nvidia on this. I believe there is also a lot of Kernel Exception crashes when using opencl, hopefully they address some of that as well.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-UD5
CPU
Intel i7-6700K
Graphics
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1060 SSC 6GB
Update -

After changing my setup slightly I can sleep / wake my system with no issue. Specifically I upgraded the primary (middle) monitor in a 3-monitor setup.

New/working setup:
Primary monitor (LG 27UD69P-W) connected via DisplayPort (to the upper-left-most DP port on EVGA GeForce GTX 1060).
Monitor 2 connected via DP (DP-to-DVI cable)
Monitor 3 connected via DVI (DVI cable)

Previous/non-working setup:
Primary monitor connected via DVI. (The old primary monitor was an Apple 20" CinemaDisplay circa 2004 with ADP-to-DVI adapter. Nostalgia!)
Monitor 2 connected via DP (hdmi-to-DP cable)
Monitor 3 connected via DP (hdmi-to-DP cable)

If it matters, no exact match for the new primary monitor exists in "/System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-1e6d", which corresponds to LG. There are a few other/default LG monitors listed in there though.

Sorry for the lack of specific info, but it's all I have! Side note, the LG 27UD69P-W monitor is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.