Contribute
Register

[05/02 Added Temporary Fix] Pascal / GTX 1060 Glitching after waking from sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the same issue too with my MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X, after computer wakes from sleep there is scrolling lag and motion is very choppy and not smooth. This needs to be resolved in the next driver update, but for now pinktank's method of using Hot Corners to put the display to sleep fixes the issue immediately.

omg thanks for the hotfix! Now I can put my computer to sleep.

Thanks for this. Going to implement the sleep hotcorner method. Thank god its nothing too bad :D

same issue here with Asus 6GB 1060GTX

Same issue here, although I am using an actual 2009 Mac Pro - not a Hackintosh. I just bought this ASUS GTX 1060 6GB and have been running it Mac OSX and - intensively - under Windows gaming, and it has been fine........

But, when I wake my Mac up from sleep (under the latest version of Sierra), I have the same issue. Applications within my screen glitch and flash; UI features are slow, choppy, and buggy; and it can only be fixed if I do either of the following: restart my Mac or log out and then log back in again. I haven't tried Hot Corners, but I'll test it out.

So far, I have tested this with both versions of the driver and have seen the same nasty results. I hope Nvidia works this out!

Everyone please submit a detailed report! Just did. I'm so bummed that this issue happens.

Unfortunately, the Hot Corners method does not work for me; in fact, Hot Corners (which I normally use daily) is going crazy. The only way I can temporarily fix this issue is by logging out and then back in, or by restarting my whole machine.

God, I hope NVIDIA fixes this soon. This is a pain. I might pop in my old card during my work week and use that in the meantime; then pop in the new card for the weekend, when I play games.

Same issue here with my EVGA GTX 1050 Ti FTW on a Gigabyte Z170X Gamer 7. It appears to be a driver issue. I will submit a trouble report as well. Thanks for the hot corner temp fix!

Same issue here with my EVGA GTX 1050 Ti FTW on a Gigabyte Z170X Gamer 7. It appears to be a driver issue. I will submit a trouble report as well. Thanks for the hot corner temp fix!

I wish that Hot Corner fixed worked for me... :-/ I have to log out and back in again, at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back