Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
It just happens after the system sleep.
Thanks for the update. I never sleep system. Just sleep the monitor, most of the time with hot corner command. Just ordered ZOTAC GTX 1060 AMP EDITION 6GB card. Hope it's value for money

Mcity

Motherboard
?
CPU
?
Graphics
?
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a dual monitor system and after updating to 10.13.2 the hot corner sleep trick didn't resolve the screen glitch issue. Ended up purchasing a cheap 1 in 2 out HDMI splitter and now when the screen messes up I can just press the button on the splitter and momentarily switch to the empty output then back to fix it (rather than unplugging the HDMI cable). Thought I would throw this out as another possible work around.

etx

Motherboard
GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1060+Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I've just been pressing Command+F1 when it happens which switches to screen mirroring. It works fine but if you don't have dual displays I can't imagine it would work.

Now my HS install is sometimes crashing when it happens and I have to hard reset. :(

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3
CPU
i7-8700K (OC 4.8 GHz)
Graphics
UHD 630 + GTX 1060
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, i bump this thread because all of the proposed temporal fix doesnt work for me (except log out method) i think due to my monitor runs at 144hz. The only temp. fix for me is changing the Hz to anyone (at this point seems to be fixed) and back to 144Hz again in Preferences -> Display. Without display sleep or logging out.

Sorry for my veeeery bad english.

Motherboard
ASROCK LGA
CPU
i3 Quad
Graphics
GTX 1050Ti
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Well, the deed has been done... in the fall, I gave up on my GTX 1060 and ordered an RX 580 8GB (which works beautifully, I might add). Around the time this thread began, I was able to contact NVIDIA support and properly convey the issue to them; they were able to replicate said issue in a lab, and they told me that they would work on it. Some months passed, and I still hadn't heard anything. I think I e-mailed back twice—the latest being July of 2017. Subsequently, I received a reply (as can be seen on page 8 of this thread), but it only reminded me that progress is still slow and the cause of the glitch is still unknown.

I am glad that they had initially reviewed my e-mails and had reproduced the glitch themselves, but what eventually began to irk me was the fact that, apparently, zero realistic progress was being made, in finding out the source of the glitch. It is my belief that this card is doomed for good—that we likely will not see properly-working drivers with this generation of NVIDIA cards. If and when Apple releases a new Mac Pro, they'll likely prompt NVIDIA to up their game a bit with these drivers; however, for now, it seems as though these fantastic cards are relegated to shoddy support. I've given up on this. I'll keep up with the news, but I certainly will not continue running this GTX 1060 within my Mac Pro. It works totally fine under Windows, but it's not to be running OSX.

And, I would suggest that you all purchase the RX 580, but miners have since driven up the prices. For now, I feel as though it is more worthwhile for a Hackintosh / Macintosh user to—if he wants NVIDIA—run a GTX 960/970/980. There is too much hassle associated with 10xx cards. :!:

Motherboard
Asus Z97-WS
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Update: it has been a while now since I talked with NVIDIA support and got them to replicate the glitch on their test machines. I am presuming that a driver update should be coming with the release of High Sierra, but I was still curious to know if they would be releasing a driver sooner: I've just become increasingly annoyed by the fact that I have to re-log each time I sit down at my computer. (The hot-corner thing has never worked for me.)

So, I'll what they say about it and will update you all on it ASAP. Again, I'm assuming a new driver will be here for High Sierra, but nothing is for certain. I'm just hoping that they have made progress on this bug fix! (And, BTW, I am running a genuine 2009 Mac Pro with an ASUS GTX 1060 SC 6GB.)
So it's not just custoMac users? It's actual Macs as well? Could you provide evidence or something of the sort for reassuring purposes?

Motherboard
Asus Z97-WS
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 1060
I'm thinking about switching to a 1070. I just recently heard from a moderator that they were having lagg issues on their 1080, specifically using 10.13.3, but previous High Sierra versions were not an issue. I feel like this may be due to the spectre meltdown thing, I don't know -I figure I would mention it.

This is still pretty ridiculous though.

Motherboard
ASROCK LGA
CPU
i3 Quad
Graphics
GTX 1050Ti
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
So it's not just custoMac users? It's actual Macs as well? Could you provide evidence or something of the sort for reassuring purposes?

Yes, it's an issue with OSX drivers—not hardware. I wouldn't go with ANY 10xx card, actually, because they all apparently have issues of their own. Now, while said issues with other 10-series cards are merely minor ailments in comparison to that which plagues the 1060, they still should warrant some concern. I've heard that the GTX 1080/Ti is the only 'usable' 10xx card within OSX. (At the very least, the NVIDIA drivers negatively affect its performance.) The 1050s are second to the 1060s (regarding this mess), and the 1070 is somewhere in between: it might reveal glitches here and there and may give a black screen at wake-up. I've heard several stories.

The workaround? Either buy a 960/970/980 or switch to AMD. The drivers associated with my RX 580 are absolutely wonderful; my genuine Mac Pro purrs. I know that this isn't a direct solution, but there currently IS no fix for this card. I highly doubt that—anytime soon—we'll see a driver which fixes this massive muck-up.