Contribute
Register

"000000.841844 AppleUSBLegacyRoot@: AppleUSBLegacyRoot::init: enabling legacy matching" while trying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-B250-HD3P
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
Geforce 1080
Freeze while trying to boot into OS X installer

Hello,
I am trying the first time to install a hackintosh. I followed step by step this guide, but step 4 does not work for me. I only get the printed out "000000.841844 AppleUSBLegacyRoot@: AppleUSBLegacyRoot::init: enabling legacy matching", when I am trying to start the installer. I tried these boot-parameters: "-x"; "nv_disable=1";. Also I tried to deactivate my Nvidia Graphics Card and use instead of the Intel. I tried as well usb 2.0 ports as well as usb 3.0. I already googled a little bit around but I did only found posts, where this error happened after installing and error collection threads, where this problem were only described by a user, but never solved.
IMG_0032.jpg
My HardWare:
Mainboard:
  • Mainboard: H110-S2HP
  • Intel Core I7-6700
  • Nvidia Geforce 980
  • DDR4 Ram

Please put your specific motherboard model into the system configuration area on the left. It's hard to give you good advice without having that information on hand on every post (just listing it in that first post is not enough).

Then, have you looked at the http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-guides/179221-skylake-starter-guide.html? It's still a little manual at this point, but you will need a number of those fixes to install on a Skylake board.

@00pflaume -
I am stuck at the same point? Did you find a solution for this?

same issue here

----- update may 25, 2016-----
Fixed by:

1. Run EFI Mounter v3.app to mount boot disk. Edit the Clover config.plist (/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist) in boot disk.

<key>Devices</key>
<key>USB</key>
<dict>
<key>FixOwnership</key>
<true/>
<key>Inject</key>
<true/>
</dict>​

2. Copy the downloaded FakeSMC.kext and USBInjectAll.kext to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/

Last edited:
Running into the same thing with my skylake. Were either of you able to find a way around it? Thanks,

Hello,

The patch of "update may 25, 2016" works well when computer boot on USB key (files copies from Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11)

But the boot process still stop on "AppleUSBLegacyRoot@: AppleUSBLegacyRoot::init: enabling legacy matching" when I'm trying to boot on installed El Capitan (10.10.5) on hard drive.

Hi,

same problem as MattOZ here to install with a hard drive. Any thoughts on this?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back