Motherboard
GA-Z270X-UD3
CPU
i7-7700
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I had a dual booting system working with OSX on m2 ssd and Windows on Sata SSD. After windows installed some updates last night, I can't boot into clover and my OSX system and instead getting the error: "0:301 0:000 Not Found" when I select from bios boot options for my M2 drive to be primary. I only used the motherboard F12 selection to boot into the different drives, with windows drive set as primary boot option. (thinking this was a safer option)

I had a dual booting system working with OSX on m2 ssd and Windows on Sata SSD. After windows installed some updates last night, I can't boot into clover and my OSX system and instead getting the error: "0:301 0:000 Not Found" when I select from bios boot options for my M2 drive to be primary. I only used the motherboard F12 selection to boot into the different drives, with windows drive set as primary boot option. (thinking this was a safer option)

Hi there.

Okay I'm guessing here but if you set Windows as your default boot option then it probably writes to the EFI partition that Clover lives in.

Windows will trample all over your Clover bootloader when it updates itself.

If you have your UniBeast USB drive to hand, use that to boot into your macOS installation so you can make repairs.

I would always recommend on a dual-boot system that macOS is the primary default, and that you disconnect the macOS drive when Windows wants to update. It places a "Microsoft" folder in the EFI

:)

Is there a way to disconnect a M2 SSD without physically removing it form the MB?

Is there a way to disconnect a M2 SSD without physically removing it form the MB?

You might be able to disable in BIOS. Check with your User Guide.

:)

In most UEFI BIOSes on the boot selection page you can usually set option 1, 2, 3, etc. If you select option 1 as the Windows drive, for option 2, 3, 4, etc., select disable.
These pics are from Asus Z390 I Gaming UEFI:
(taken using F12 to create .bitmap file exported as .pdf from preview - for some reason this rotates the file, but you can get the idea)

Attachments

• UEFI Boot Opions.pdf
    202.6 KB · Views: 105
  • uefi boot options1.pdf
    194.6 KB · Views: 92
Oh great, I can't boot into this installation with my USB unibeast disk, not even in safe mode :(
When I run the installer and boot into that, disk utility shows my OSX drive as unmounted and I can't even mount it back on.

Oh great, I can't boot into this installation with my USB unibeast disk, not even in safe mode :(
When I run the installer and boot into that, disk utility shows my OSX drive as unmounted and I can't even mount it back on.
Are you sure you have the drive for Mac OS install enabled in the UEFI?

Yes it enabled in the BIOS and if I boot in windows I can see the extra ntfs partition on that M2 drive.

Booting into the recovery partition and going into terminal to investigate better.
Partition is unmountable but seemingly nothing is wrong with it when I run verifyVolume on it as seen below. Yet it fails to mount even if I try readOnly.
mountfail.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back