Created UniBeast installer with normal method.
Changed BIO settings as outlined in OP of this thread (kept VT-D enabled - dart=0 is already applied with UniBeast).
Disabled CSM in BIOS - important for clover/boot proper resolution.
Used DP in my R9 270 for setup; can't speak for the others -...
Revisited Catalina (10.15.4 at the time of writing) and got everything working including my Radeon R9 270 (fake id + whatevergreen was all that's needed which is much easier than the custom framebuffer patch method I used before). Onboard audio also wouldn't work with AppleALC until I...
Did you try the Clover patch on that post? The framebuffer doesn't match up exactly with our card anymore
So I went back to Mojave but same outcome as before. I removed my add-on PCI SATA card and any other add-ons, but nothing changed. Any suggestions as to why my computer won't completely go...
To people like me who could only get DisplayPort working on RX 580, the CSM settings in the BIOS were more tricky than I thought. I always had OS set to "Other OS". Since I bought this thing 7 years or so ago. So I forgot about the fact that the CSM setting disappears when OS is set to "Other...
I had the same problem with DVI and HDMI input with/without patching framebuffer. The solution for me was to use the DP output (just get a DP to hdmi adapter at best buy or whatever - it's what I needed to do for my older monitor)
You update to Catalina yet? I have everything working on my end...
Also, I didn't even need the ACPIKeyboard kext. So for the backlight control/keyboard stuff, I have:
ApplePS2SmartTouchpad (Elan trackpad/keyboard kext)
The dsdt patch in my previous post, and in the ssdt that defines the display device:
brightness fix (haswell)
Extracting the dsdt and ssdts are easy nowadays. Just make a live ubuntu usb, boot from it, and then follow this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html
You don't have to install anything of it.
What all did you do for the audio...
There's no reason why it shouldn't. Check out this post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-support/128926-mavericks-native-cpu-igpu-power-management.html
Your processor will be under the "Core i3/5/7 xxx (1st Generation)/Core 2 and earlier" section.
I'm no expert but i you have...
It shows all of the nodes, the bugs confirmed in the launchpad bug tracker so I'll just see what the solution turns out to be there.
Also, VoodooSDHC also caused random system lockups so I removed it for now.
Also, I finally got sound working!!!!! For the most part. After seeing that the same issue was present in ubuntu, I decided to check the bug tracker on launchpad and found this: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+bug/1366241?comments=all
Part of the initial bug report...
I found this VoodooSDHC here: http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/5859-sd-card-reader-on-latitude-e6x106x20/
Don't know what's different about it from the ones from the voodoolabs website, but it sort of works.
It detects my realtek pci card reader properly and the kext loads...
I tried option one and just re-extracted, decompiled, patched, etc and it seems to be disabled now. Not really sure what the difference is between the new extractions and the old ones.....but I think it works! Thanks!
Found it and followed the guide to relocate it to the _REG. The nvidia card is still present in the system profiler though. I couldn't find any other weird methods leading to the EC except one in SGON which I thought is the opposite of SGOF so I didn't touch it even though it is also a TDRF method
I followed the guide and such but my nvidia card still shows up in the system profiler.
Due to my acpi path being the same as the repo patch, I just used the unmodified repo patch for the _ini on ssdt7 and uncommented the external line as the _off method was in ssdt8.
There was nothing...
Forgot the dsdt. I already have everything fixed except the two nvidia tables but all of the oem ones are in the tables zip
EDIT, nevermind. Just saw the edit on your earlier post. I decompiled the ssdts by themselves with iasl and didn't use the dsdt in context. Errors are now gone.