Great post, thank you!
I could not figure out how did you find that the deviceID of your card was 0x67DF1002?
I'm trying to get 5K resolution on a similar config:
- Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 8G
- Dell UP2715K
- macOS 10.14
It was not fine enough for me, even for general use, so I spent a little time on it. I have now everything working, but to be honest I can't explain how it works... What I did:
- Removed Voodoo
- Removed NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
- Updated Lilu.kext and Whatevergreen.kext in /Library/Extensions/...
Thank you for sharing this. I've also upgraded to 10.13.6 past week-end and had the same conclusions...:
- Voodoo kext was the only solution to have audio working
- I was using Lilu on 10.13.4 with the boot arg (for 5K display), but added WhateverGreen
- Did not patched USB yet...
Your USB 3 does not work at all, or do you mean that you can not get the speed of USB 3?
All my USB ports are working, but I didn't test the speed. I checked the option "200 series" in MultiBeast, and used KextBeast to copy USBinjectAll.kext.
Ok, I finally did a fresh setup with 10.13.3 on my build, adding your suggestions. I first had some trouble as discussed in another thread, but finally got it working:
- No more monitor power cycle at startup (yes!!!)
- Computer sleep is working
- Mouse issue is much better
I've found the issue. nv_spanmodepolicy=1 should not be enabled. I've removed it from boot and now the resolution stay 5120x2880 when I switch the monitor off/on.
No more powercycle necessary at startup and sleep is working! Thank you very much..! :thumbup::)
I still have the mouse cursor bug.
I've just tried it on my GA-H170N-Wifi + GTX960 + Dell 5K.
I now don't have to turn off the display after boot and the mouse pointer bug seams to disappear, but if the computer wake for sleep, or if I just turn off the monitor and on again, I loose the scaling until I reboot (display very...