For me the most important things that must work are:
- thunderbolt 3
- Dedicated Gpu (not igpu) with hdmi and dvi port for multiple monitors
- usb 3
- audio (i don't know what kind of issues I could encounter)
I'm planning to buy a gaming laptop (medium-high quality performance on full hd) that I will use also for editing videos on macos catalina.
Do you know if Alienware area 51 with this specs is compatible?
AMD Radeon™ RX 5700M
put some link here to understand exactly what model...
when i turn on laptop on with hdmi or dvi plugged in I have black screen on every monitor until the chosen system boots.
After that can happen two things:
- After boot every monitor (laptop and external) works.
- After boot external monitor works but laptop's one is black or very dark.
using @aluferraz's EFI:
- USB 3.0
- Nvidia web driver (no mouse lag now :D )
- Audio and headphone but on wrong pin that make noise (VoodooHDA kext)
- FN key
- Battery and Sensor CPU GPU (i saw battery don't last very long comparing to windows)
- Touchpad (using...
Ok, I'm trying to apply this kext and @aluferraz 's CLOVER. I will post my result.
@aluferraz Did you delete some original apple kexts?
What version of nvidia web driver do you use?
What version of VoodooHDA loader?
So your keyboard backlight, touchpad with button works?
Hi, thanks a lot. So I have to use your CLOVER folder instead of mine to make it work?
I noticed that inside your kext folder there aren't any kext in 10.13 and other. Did you put them in L/E and S/L/E?
Can you give a list of the kexts you installed?
that's my first hack.
I have Asus rog g752vs. I installed High Sierra. I want to do a Vanilla version so all my kext are in EFI partition.
I patched my dsdt following this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-asus-rog-gl502vs-skylake-i7-6700hq-gtx-1070-sierra-10-12-4.221056/