I'm having an issue with booting Windows 11 from the OpenCore interface.
Windows 11 boots fine from Microsoft Boot Manager reached by doing F11 on this MSI Z690-A PRO WiFi DDR4 motherboard.
MacOS Monterey boots fine from the OpenCore interface.
The issue is Windows 11 doesn't boot from...
Your latest EFI works too.
But I suspect I did something in the Bios. I'm not 100% sure though.
- Is Intel WiFi supposed to work?
- Ethernet is not seen with your EFI too. Is there a way to make it work?
I'll share my EFI later but I guess there are not so many differences.
I was able to run, finally, using my own EFI.
Don't ask me why it started running...as I don't know it.
BUT I got a couple of things that have been giving issues:
- The DeviceProperties definition prevents the EFI from running. Even if it's just strings.
- Ethernet is not seen too. I used your...
- Used the latest EFI 0.8.0
- Reset Bios to defaults without any change and the boot stopped exactly at the same point shown in the screenshot
- Used rear ports black and blue, got the same result
- Disabled the Intel WiFi/BLuetooth
- Now stuck in a different place compared to the previous attempt
Hi thanks for the reply.
- Yes I have updated the config with new serial numbers
- I have an i7 12700F
- I have disabled GPE.TINI patch, Thunderbolt in the BIOS and SSDT
- I've used the blue USB ports
Still stuck at the image attached.
If I use my EFI it gets to a grey screen with a working...
Thanks for your reply.
I tried your 0.8.0 EFI. In this case the boot got stuck at, see the image attached.
So no grey screen.
I have no Thunderbolt in this build, so I disabled the SSDT.
Thanks for your help.
Thanks for the reply.
- The EFI from the MSI Z690-A PRO WiFi DDR4 thread doesn't even see the installer on the USB drive
- Modifying prev-lang:kdb both with empty data or with non-empty string doesn't make a difference.
I'm trying to boot a MSI Z690-A PRO WiFi DDR4 but regardless of the EFI I always get a grey screen with a working mouse pointer trying to boot Big Sur installer.
I had the same thing a month ago trying a B660 motherboard...
Both cases, different EFIS, same result: grey screen after the...
I had a little bit of an issue upgrading to Monterey from Big Sur.
Hardware: Asus Prime Z490-A, i5 10600K, Radeon RX 560 4GB, SSD NVME Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, OpenCore 0.78, SMBIOS iMac20,1.
I had a couple of issues I was able to fix:
1 - Firstly I had to set Secure Boot Motel to Default...
I have a Gigabyte Z590 Vision G with an Intel i7 11700KF and I'm a bit desperate as it reboots once in a while on its own.
Video card is the Radeon W5500 8GB.
I'm not sure is the configuration.
I tried using a SATA SSD instead of a Samsung 980 PRO
I tried swapping the Power Supply
I come from the ProArt thread.
A question about Thunderbolt and motherboards.
You said to use the Gigabyte Aero G + flashed Titan Ridge.
In Italy we only get the DDR5 version of the Aero G.
Instead we have the Gigabyte Z690 AORUS PRO DDR4 that has integrated WiFi+Bluetooth...
Yes I did see that build. It all, more or less, started from there.
Believe it or not in Italy we only get the DDR5 version of the Aero G.
Instead we have the Gigabyte Z690 AORUS PRO DDR4 that has integrated WiFi+Bluetooth and Thunderbolt header. Can I use this one.
Does the Titan Ridge HAVE to...