When I look now to the kexts loaded (with Kext Wizard) I see 122, instead 105 I saw before.
I compared the kexts loaded when I had problems (exported using Kext Wizard), with the kexts loaded now that everything is working fine.
Just compared non-Apple kexts and I see these new kexts...
Big surprise... I don't know why, but my laptop now is working like a charm (wake up 8 times from sleep, and no hungs).
I still have bluetooth enabled (didn't modify the kernel flag) and my two 4GB modules installed.
Probably I will restore my TM backup and try again the hotpatch setup, and...
- My 4530s/HM65 has one USB3 por (that I don't use anymore sine updated from El Capitan)
- How is it possible that my Clover version is old?? I've used Clover v2.3k r3577 for the USB and later on on my system.
- I will try now the kernel flag modification to disable bluetooth.
- About RAM I've...
Where I can put 'uia_exclude=HP16'?
Remember that I never had this problem in my other system (10.11.4 originally installed using PBI-CE). As soon as I use the hotpatch setup, the problem appears.
I've already disabled hibernation before ask here.
I already reset to default BIOS settings (when followed the guide, like hibernation).
And BIOS is up to date (F.60).
Not all the things that must be disabled (listed in the guide) where available in my BIOS, here you have some screenshots...
You just need to plug the printer in OS X, maybe you'll need Mac drivers (download it from hp.com). In my case the printer was installed just plugin the USB cable, later on an HP update came from AppStore. You can always check it in System Preferences/Printer.
To clean your system you can use...
I'm migrating to hotpatch because it's the best way to get the latest kexts and install them on my system.
Before restore my Time Machine backup I did try a fresh install in my hard drive (two times, two different El Capitan versions downloaded from AppStore) and had the same problem (system...
I deleted that kext from /S/L/E/ and everything was working fine (wake up after sleep), as soon as I migrate to the hotpatch setup (following your instructions carefully) my system hungs again. OS version is 10.11.4.
You think that maybe a kext is responsible for this?
When I update Clover (downloading it from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/) I do install it without having to customize anything.
Just install it next-next-next, no need to specify an EFI partition I mean (nor customize installation).
- Ok, I thought that the EFI partition contents cause the system hang ups.
To restore is it okay to overwrite the CLOVER folder in the EFI partition from a backup just using Finder or Terminal?
- I download Mac OS X always from AppStore.
- GenericUSBXHCI.kext: I was using to have USB3...
Finally yesterday I did a fresh install following this guide and I still had the problem (each time my laptop comes back from sleep, hungs). I tried with 10.11.4 and 10.11.5, same results. What I'am doing wrong?!
So I restored a backup from 06/22/2016 (10.11.4, just before migrate...
I have a question, in "Updates to the patch repositories" I read this:
This means that I need to do something else (copy these files to my EFI partition?) than execute the following in Terminal??
You are right, it was enabled!! I did change <false/> to <true/>, rebooted, and confirmed disabled in System Information/SATA. But the problem is still on, each time my computer wakes up from sleep, it hungs.
You think creating a new SSDT.aml file following steps provided in "Power management"...
- I've customized my SMBIOS now (followed instructions to do not modify the config.plist with Clover Configurator, just copied the contents of SMBIOS from a copy of the original file). I don't have the previous config.plist file as I overwrite the file (next time I'll be sure to make a copy)...
- Didn't check the hibernation as I didn't read "Power management" before. Now I've checked it and seems to be ok.
MacBook-Pro:~ ernesto$ pmset -g | grep hibernatemode
MacBook-Pro:~ ernesto$ sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
MacBook-Pro:~ ernesto$ sudo rm...
First of all I want to thank you for all the information and your help.
I was working fine with Mac OS X 10.11.4 and some kexts updated from your projects in GitHub. Originally I've installed my system using the "HP Probook Installer Clover Edition".
After migrate to the...
Perfect, so the next time I patch my DSDT:
- I can skip selecting anything from Optional WiFi/USB3?
- Do you recommend me to select Native USB3 patches for 10.11? (I thinkg I don't need it as I am using OS-X-Generic-USB3)