I posted on 30April (http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/97493-mtn-lion-audio-installed-alc889-but-then-beach-ball-death-sys-pref.html#post595827)
about problems following a working audio installation (Realtek ALC889) on Mtn Lion 10.8.3
I gave up on using onboard audio; retrieved from my...
I have Mtn Lion (10.8.3) installed using Gigabyte GA-Z68P-DS3 MB [rev1.0 (bios F9)] ALC889
I started with 10.8.2, but for both 8.2/8.3 I have had audio working using a DSDT and
MultiBeast. However, for each, the console reports the following (10.8.3 /MB 5.3)
Before attempting to edit the DSDT for my Gigabyte MB so audio would work in Mountain Lion,
I loaded the DSDT - DSDT-GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3-F9.aml - into the DSDT editor (from olarila.com)
and attempted to compile.
This resulted in the following errors (+ 1 remark)