Recent content by Tyranicus

  1. Tyranicus

    El Capitan on GA-X58A-UD3R

    Specifically, this post is a pretty detailed guide that should get you up and running. It worked fine for me with that board.
  2. Tyranicus

    X58 and OS X El Capitan? (X58A-UD3r)

    So I solved this issue accidentally. I had been using a GTX 650 in this computer, but I recently upgraded another machine and decided to put my old GTX 670 in my hackintosh. Now that it's using the 670, it consistently boots every time I restart. I have no idea why it was having so much trouble...
  3. Tyranicus

    X58 and OS X El Capitan? (X58A-UD3r)

    If I do that, it doesn't boot at all. Instead of either rebooting or bringing up the GUI, it reboots or kernel panics.
  4. Tyranicus

    X58 and OS X El Capitan? (X58A-UD3r)

    I installed El Capitan on my X58A-UD3R system using the instructions in Post 231. It installed fine, and I was able to get everything working. However, when I turn on or restart the computer, it seems to have only a 10% chance of actually booting to the desktop. The other 90% of the time, it...
  5. Tyranicus

    Yosemite system started freezing after startup

    I couldn't figure it out, so I have reverted to Mavericks for the time being.
  6. Tyranicus

    Yosemite system started freezing after startup

    I have a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R with a GeForce 650 running OS X 10.10.1 using the latest version of Multibeast that recently started acting up on me. It will boot up normally, but a few seconds after starting, it will completely lock up. Sometimes, it will happen once everything has loaded on the...
  7. Tyranicus

    SMBIOS and GPU Performance

    I have a GTX 470, and I understand that the Mac Pro 3,1 SMBIOS does not include proper power management for Fermi cards. However, if I use the Mac Pro 5,1 SMBIOS, my GPU performance is terrible. I can play Diablo 3 at the highest settings using 3,1, but I can barely run it on the lowest...
  8. Tyranicus

    SLI?

    No one? Has no one even tried this before?
  9. Tyranicus

    SLI?

    I'm considering a bit more graphic power by trading my GTX 470 with a friend for his GTX 460, buying a second 460, and putting them in SLI. I am doing this for gaming performance in Windows, but I would still like to keep OS X as my primary OS. Is it possible to run OS X on a computer set up...
  10. Tyranicus

    [Solved] Your device or computer could not be verified

    My graphics card doesn't require EFI strings in Lion. The only string I added to the plist file was for my ethernet.
  11. Tyranicus

    [Solved] Your device or computer could not be verified

    I tried this method, and my computer would not boot. Checking verbose mode, it appeared to be hanging on "PCI configuration begin." Once I removed the strings from both boot.plist files, it booted up again. What am I doing wrong?
  12. Tyranicus

    2 Graphics Cards - 1 PCI-E and 1 PCI

    After discovering that I can use my work software in OS X, I decided to hackintosh my work machine. It's working fine except for one small problem, I can't get 2 graphics cards working on it. The machine is a Gigabyte P35-DS3L. I have a 7800 GTX in the PCI-E slot and an 8400GS in a PCI slot...
  13. Tyranicus

    Time for an Upgrade

    I ended up putting together a more powerful build. I was in Micro Center yesterday and saw that they had the Core i7 950 for $200! That CPU is $300 anywhere else. Needless to say, I could not resist that bargain. Sadly, while they normally carry the Gigabyte X58A-UD3R motherboard, they were...
Top