Thanks for the charts! Really useful for an oversight.
They show that there are existing iMac 18,3 with i7 or i5 cpus.
In my case, I use an i7. But, as I described in my last post, Hackintool indicates me that my serial number is connected to an i5 iMac18,3. So i was curious, if this could lead...
I've got a Question about SMBios.
I use for my Build (i7-7700K) Model Identifier iMac18,3. Today, I discovered on Hackintool that my 18,3 leads to a i5 build, instead of the i7 which i'm using. Does anybody knows, if this little "optical" mistake leads to some flaws? How can I change it...
I've put the ASMEdia.kext in place, but for a few days and a loot of boots there was no change at all, pxsx-drivers not working. After that I did some trial and error with injecting my PCIdevices via Hackintosh from scratch. Then one day, pxsx-drivers suddenly worked flawless, I cannot deduct on...
Here's how it looks like in system information.
I've also read another thread on this topic, but for me the solution with a ASMedia.kext didn't work.
Could the loss of the usb 3.1 ports be, because I didn't configure my "SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml" personally?
Yes, so PXSXPorts aren't connected to the Ports mapping procedure. I've added all my devices to my config.plist in OC, as you can see in the picture beneath. Do you think I shouldn't add the ASMedia devices to my config.plist?
Thanks for your help, appreciate it.
Thanks for your answer. That's actually what I did.
I redid the whole USB mapping part, and tried it in both ways (USBPorts.kext, or with SSDT-UIAC.aml).
What worries me most, is that the PXSX-Ports were already gone, when I restarted the mapping from scratch, they never have shown up.
I haven't used my USB 3.1 and USB-c ports for ages, but today I wanted to use them. No response from the pxsx ports on my hack. Sadly I'm unaware if I've lost them due to my upgrade to Big Sur last fall or due to my conversion to OC last fall. In fact, I'm pretty sure, they...
If anybody is interested in moving to OpenCore, here is my latest stable working EFI with OpenCore.
You need to adjust some settings in your config.plist :
PlatformInfo>generic (add your own MLB, Serial and SystemUUID)
DeviceProperties>add (put in your own devices, e.g. audio, graphics)...
I think your MultiBeast installation should much more look like my screenshot. Delete everything inside the Efi-partiton of your HD before rebuilding it with my proposed settings on MultiBeast.
For the next Time, use searching tools and read, before you choose any random settings.