Use the first one, I'll be attempting this with a second Titan Ridge whenever I get it next week :lol:
Some things to check and/or try:
1. Double check BIOS settings are same.
2. Disable WhateverGreen.kext
3. Both running BIOS 3101 patched and MSR Lock disabled? Try running BIOS 2002 (non patched) on 7980XE with MSR Lock disabled in BIOS and SSDT-AWAC.aml disabled in config.plist.
Does that USB dongle support handoff and stuff? I’ve noticed if you use a Wifi/BT combo with a M.2 adapter wake from bluetooth doesn’t work. I use a BCM94360CD in a PCI-E Slot and wake from bluetooth works fine.
Yes, most support around here for x299 is with Asus boards. The setups for the boards are pretty similar but a lot prefer the Sage due to the 7 pcie slots and built in 10g (on the 10g variant). It’s definitely daunting at first but if you break up the guide in parts then it’s doable. A lot of...
@dithaack please try the new EFI. I made some adjustments. Also it looks like you haven't enabled the onboard 10Gb ports. Is that something you're planning on doing?
1. ACPI adjustments: updated SSDTs to those ones from my github
2. Device Properties: removed Thunderbolt controller (For now...
Yep, header or BIOS options aren’t needed. It should be possible to have more than one. I just ordered a second one and should be getting it from Amazon next week.
Thanks for the info. I’ll take a look later tonight.
Can you also provide a copy of your IOReg and screenshot of System Profile -> PCI and Thunderbolt?
If you’re jumping pins 3 and 5? Or connecting to header? When you flash it, shouldn’t be necessary to keep it in slot 2.
You can refer to the catalina support thread and my github since it should be valid for all asus x299 boards.
You’ll need to use BIOS Flashback to flash your BIOS with UEFITool and add SSDT-AWAC to your EFI folder as...