Contribute
Register

Simple HD 57/58/59xx Installation Using MultiBeast [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: UPDATED Simple HD 57/58/59xx Installation Using MultiBeast

johnbrooks302 said:
OK! I am back in business!!! It was the USB stick all along!!! Here was my method of madness for success!!

iboot 2.7>
SL OEM 10.6.0>
iboot 2.7>
SL Combo 10.6.5>
MB 3.3>
User DSDT
System Utils
ALC8xxHDA
AppleHDA Rollback
USB 3.0 - NEC/Renesas
Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet
Chameleon 2.0 RC5 - ATI Experimental
32-bit Apple Boot Screen
Eject iboot>
Set Boot Priority>
Enjoy.

Thanks for all the great help guys!! Glad to have some great support out there!!

Last question tho, Do i have to run MB after every SL update?? (meaning duplicating all the checks I made after the combo?) Or can I just simply run the SL Update and restart?

Also, you think I can go 64 bit?

Congrats :clap: but why not 10.6.6, you don't need to update one by one. just go for 10.6.6 at one step, Mac App Store is really cool :cool:

Yeah, you need to run MB after every update and BEFORE restart of course. I believe you can go 64-bit, just run MB and ONLY choose 64-bit Apple boot screen, reboot and enjoy :headbang:

grafixidea said:
johnbrooks302 said:
OK! I am back in business!!! It was the USB stick all along!!! Here was my method of madness for success!!

iboot 2.7>
SL OEM 10.6.0>
iboot 2.7>
SL Combo 10.6.5>
MB 3.3>
User DSDT
System Utils
ALC8xxHDA
AppleHDA Rollback
USB 3.0 - NEC/Renesas
Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet
Chameleon 2.0 RC5 - ATI Experimental
32-bit Apple Boot Screen
Eject iboot>
Set Boot Priority>
Enjoy.

Thanks for all the great help guys!! Glad to have some great support out there!!

Last question tho, Do i have to run MB after every SL update?? (meaning duplicating all the checks I made after the combo?) Or can I just simply run the SL Update and restart?

Also, you think I can go 64 bit?

Congrats :clap: but why not 10.6.6, you don't need to update one by one. just go for 10.6.6 at one step, Mac App Store is really cool :cool:

Yeah, you need to run MB after every update and BEFORE restart of course. I believe you can go 64-bit, just run MB and ONLY choose 64-bit Apple boot screen, reboot and enjoy :headbang:

I tried, you can't go 10.6.6 directly. The OS needs to be at 10.6.5 in order for it to run. So I went .5 and everything is running beautifully! That is why I was asking about running MB after every update.

I may try 64 bit out when I go to .6. If it doesn't work, I could always punch in arch=i386 on chameleon boot right? I believe that is the command to force it into 32? Then I would just changed it back. Couldn't I just edit my plist instead (single user)? Im not sure if MB does anything else when you select boot preferences.

I tried, you can't go 10.6.6 directly. The OS needs to be at 10.6.5 in order for it to run. So I went .5 and everything is running beautifully! That is why I was asking about running MB after every update.
This is weird! I went from 10.6.0 to 10.6.6, and anyone do the same.

I may try 64 bit out when I go to .6. If it doesn't work, I could always punch in arch=i386 on chameleon boot right? I believe that is the command to force it into 32? Then I would just changed it back. Couldn't I just edit my plist instead (single user)? Im not sure if MB does anything else when you select boot preferences.
Exactly, just punch in arch=i386 on chameleon boot if got any issues. MB do the same I think.

10.6.6 successful. 64 bit successful. Apps Completely updated. :headbang:

Thanks again for all the help!

johnbrooks302 said:
10.6.6 successful. 64 bit successful. Apps Completely updated. :headbang:

Thanks again for all the help!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

hey everyone im relatively new to all this i have made two successful hackintoshes which work fine with two 9800 cards that are being used in those systems but now i was building a new System with X58A-Ud3r board and at first i tried the new Asus 560 Ti card and that didn't really work it booted up fine and everything but i was stuck at a fixed rez. Then i pulled out a 5850 out my other computer and ran that every thing works fine on but its in 32Bit mode. I would like to get it running in 64Bit i dont know what im doing wrong im using the latest multibeast and iboot.

here is what i have selected in multibeast

-User DSDT
System utilities
-Kexts>Audio>altek>Alc8xx>Apple HDA rollback
- Disk
-Bootloader>Chameleon 2.0 RCS - ATI EXperimental
-Customization> boot Options>64-Bit Apple Boot Screen
-System definitions. Mac Pro 5.1

So the everything else on the system seems to be working fine i just need the GPU to work in 64 Bit. I know im overing looking something right in front of me. Anyways if some one can help me that would be great. Also if some one knows of way to make the Asus 560Ti work on hackintosh thanks

Build
i7 3.2
X58A-Usd3R
Diamond 5850
6GB of Ram

Manpreet said:
hey everyone im relatively new to all this i have made two successful hackintoshes which work fine with two 9800 cards that are being used in those systems but now i was building a new System with X58A-Ud3r board and at first i tried the new Asus 560 Ti card and that didn't really work it booted up fine and everything but i was stuck at a fixed rez. Then i pulled out a 5850 out my other computer and ran that every thing works fine on but its in 32Bit mode. I would like to get it running in 64Bit i dont know what im doing wrong im using the latest multibeast and iboot.

here is what i have selected in multibeast

-User DSDT
System utilities
-Kexts>Audio>altek>Alc8xx>Apple HDA rollback
- Disk
-Bootloader>Chameleon 2.0 RCS - ATI EXperimental
-Customization> boot Options>64-Bit Apple Boot Screen
-System definitions. Mac Pro 5.1

So the everything else on the system seems to be working fine i just need the GPU to work in 64 Bit. I know im overing looking something right in front of me. Anyways if some one can help me that would be great. Also if some one knows of way to make the Asus 560Ti work on hackintosh thanks

Build
i7 3.2
X58A-Usd3R
Diamond 5850
6GB of Ram

This is quite off topic given the original thread is about using the ATI_Init kext - please post a new thread.

Can you please add your hardware to your signature - not just your profile please - full model no's etc so that we can tell what your exact build is.

Hi folks,

I'm having a little bit of trouble... Let me give you a bit of background. I installed Snow Leopard using my ATI 5870 (I followed the guide step by step) after reboot the system wouldn't boot up with my 5870. I had to put my old 8800GTS and use it to boot into the OS. I currently im running both audio/video perfectly at 1920x1200 res.

I want to however eventually use my 5870 again. I followed some of the steps here but I think I am missing something can't figure out what it is quite yet. From MB I selected System Utilities, Bootloaders Chamaleon ATI... Boot Options 32 Bit Apple Boot Screen.

I shutdown my PC. Put back my 5870 and I get the apple logo loading and it just sits there... for hours. It hangs.

Anyone able to help?

Ok so I redid the whole thing and is getting stuck right at

1.) Boot using iBoot (NOTE: Previously was iBoot-ATI-5xxx-3)
2.) Install OS X
3.) Reboot using iBoot

It just never boots back to the OS. I'm seeing the Apple logo sitting there loading forever!

MrShoot said:
Hi folks,

I'm having a little bit of trouble... Let me give you a bit of background. I installed Snow Leopard using my ATI 5870 (I followed the guide step by step) after reboot the system wouldn't boot up with my 5870. I had to put my old 8800GTS and use it to boot into the OS. I currently im running both audio/video perfectly at 1920x1200 res.

I want to however eventually use my 5870 again. I followed some of the steps here but I think I am missing something can't figure out what it is quite yet. From MB I selected System Utilities, Bootloaders Chamaleon ATI... Boot Options 32 Bit Apple Boot Screen.

I shutdown my PC. Put back my 5870 and I get the apple logo loading and it just sits there... for hours. It hangs.

Anyone able to help?

GraphicsEnabler=Yes ?

Can you boot in verbose mode to see where it gets stuck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back