Contribute
Register

[Help request] AMI/Phoenix DSDT editor wanted [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Help request] AMI/Phoenix DSDT editor wanted

I removed the voodoo.kext from S/L/E and installed it again with multibeast (additionally the bootloader with 64bit kext and the voodoo.kext) no sound. now i add a legacy_apple.kext for alc889 six ports.

ok, rebootet, still nothing. but with the tonymac bootloader i see text during bootup, voodoo is loading and seems to find something. strangely. is there some logs in macosx where i can trace the sound signal or sth like that?

FatShenanigans said:
tonymacx86 said:
Pretty sure VoodooHDA works in the /Extra/Extensions folder as well. Although I'm not an expert. :mrgreen:

With ASUS the motherboards they poop out have moods like PMS. Maybe this cycle it will work in E/E :lol:

Actually- you're totally right- and I'm totally wrong. :lol:

Haven't used VoodooHDA in a while, but tested based on your comment- thanks!

To clarify- VoodooHDA MUST go in System/Library/Extensions. It has dependencies on the stock Apple Audio kexts.

Sorry but not telling any difference. Still have to use -x to start up with or get a black screen with no video. I was hoping this would cure my video card issue but I guess i will have to keep searching for a solution. :banghead: Thanks anyways.[/quote]

Try this one - I added your card but I don't know what is your PCI-Ex16 port so I had to guess:

BTW: You may need to remove the GraphicsEnabler=Yes in the boot file, especially if you get a blue screen hang at first boot.[/quote]

Not sure if those are the right DSDT's for my system they both show that I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 instead of a SAPPHIRE 100245HDMI Radeon HD 4850 512MB. I tried both files and got a kernel panic with both.

RayMacx64 said:
Sorry but not telling any difference. Still have to use -x to start up with or get a black screen with no video. I was hoping this would cure my video card issue but I guess i will have to keep searching for a solution. :banghead: Thanks anyways.

Try this one - I added your card but I don't know what is your PCI-Ex16 port so I had to guess:

BTW: You may need to remove the GraphicsEnabler=Yes in the boot file, especially if you get a blue screen hang at first boot.[/quote]

Not sure if those are the right DSDT's for my system they both show that I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 instead of a SAPPHIRE 100245HDMI Radeon HD 4850 512MB. I tried both files and got a kernel panic with both.[/quote]

Sorry I think I confused you with someone else. What is your framebuffer? (Motmot, Megaladon, etc)

hi Fatshenanigans!

I try to make the dsdt suitable for me and to udnerstand what youve done there. i was told, that its goot to use the legacyhda.kext together with a modified dsdt. so i need to know how youve labeled the dsdt edits/codecs.
what normally would be AZAL or HDEF

thanks!

How do I find out what my framebuffer is ?
I would only be guessing by saying Shrike.

hi FatShenanigans, :p
i'm using an intel board with a DSDT for the board provided by Tony. Everything seems to be ok when i installed SL. but now, i figured out i'm not using the NATIVE power management. so that i dont have any chance to use the speedstep and sleep and other other features.i guess, the DSDT for Intel DP55WB(my mobo) was roughly edited not fully. :think:
Could you please figure out what's the problem with the DSDT when you have spare time?
anyway, thanks a lot... :)

BTW,If i remove "NullCPUPowerManagment.kext" from my E/E folder, i'm getting KP at boot.. :banghead:

RayMacx64 said:
How do I find out what my framebuffer is ?
I would only be guessing by saying Shrike.

I think it can only be "Wormy, Motmot, or Megalodon". I'm don't really know much about ATI other than how to add them to the DSDT since people usually tell me pretty quickly when I ask so I'm sure you can probably get it from Everest or maybe online somewhere. I have an ATI card in my MBPro and it shows up in I/O reg so my guess would be that Everest is the best place to get it. Or maybe Ubuntu Live CD?

EDIT-if you can see your desktop with -x then you can use I/O reg to find the info. Find your graphics card (GFX) and it will be there.

emuzaman said:
hi FatShenanigans, :p
i'm using an intel board with a DSDT for the board provided by Tony. Everything seems to be ok when i installed SL. but now, i figured out i'm not using the NATIVE power management. so that i dont have any chance to use the speedstep and sleep and other other features.i guess, the DSDT for Intel DP55WB(my mobo) was roughly edited not fully. :think:
Could you please figure out what's the problem with the DSDT when you have spare time?
anyway, thanks a lot... :)

BTW,If i remove "NullCPUPowerManagment.kext" from my E/E folder, i'm getting KP at boot.. :banghead:

You're in luck - I happen to have it here and I already made those fixes :)

ARGH Don't download this first one...I would delete it but I don't know how to use this CP well enough yet. The one with the larger file size wasn't fixed for native power. I'll fix it now. Crap.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    15.2 KB · Views: 105
  • dsdt.aml
    12.9 KB · Views: 120
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back