Contribute
Register

Installing a Rosewill Internal Card Reader?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I've installed the Realtek Patch. It still wakes up instantly after sleep. Not sure what to do now.

I did some testing. I've disconnected the SATA cable between the Rosewill Card Reader and the motherboard—thinking that the SATA cable may be causing it. But it doesn't want to sleep. I've disconnected both the SATA and USB from the Rosewill Card Reader making the Card Reader not functional, but it sleeps now.

Thus, I can confirm to you that it is the Card Reader that is causing this insomnia of my Mac. Any other thoughts you mind dishing out?

Thanks so much for your help! I know you're a busy guy so I really appreciate it. :)

Bump, For my problem installing the same bit of hardware into my machine. Works fine in the Win7 side so I know the install was straight forward and correct.

However I've tried twice to boot into Lion and both times had a kernel panic after the apple logo and time wheel were up for a fraction of a second. The build has been incredibly stable to this point so I'm sure it's the reader.

Anybody have a suggestion for maybe a BIOS something I might try?

EDIT: Even completely unplugged I now have a perma-panicked OS X kernel. Not sure if I can blame it entirely on the reader, that would seam like a stretch for it to have blown my set-up away like this but I don't have any other explanation.

It is unlikely your KP has anything to do with the reader. However i would like to resurrect this thread as i am am having the instant wake issue with the rosewill readers installed. Very annoying. Hopefully someone with magic skills can have a look.
g\

Anyone find a solution to the immediate wakeup? I am seeing the same thing.

So, I've installed the device successfully and it works fine.

But whenever I put my machine to sleep, it instantly wakes up. I'm guessing it's the card reader that's causing this to happen since it's hooked using USB/SATA ports from my motherboard. Because I'm thinking that the device doesn't turn off at sleep, it will wakes up the system.

Any idea how to fix this? I haven't install any kexts for it yet. Will I still need to install the Voodoo kext that MacMan suggested me to use?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

just2ncase

I found this over and Prasys Blog but its missing some pic's in the webpage dont know about that but it may help.
http://prasys.info/2010/11/how-to-native-card-reader-driver-for-osx86/

As to the sata not sure you may need to leave that disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back