Ati 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
i didn't found any solution with my pcie problem.
I want to use my 6870 in the first slot to get the full 16x lanes.
But actually my sleep works only 100% in the second pcie slot.
In the first slot i get no dvi signal after wakeup.

Anyone a solution to this problem or is it normal?

I use the upper dvi port on the 6870, and bios settings: onboard gk is disabled and force to use 16x pcie slot.

T_T

shame to me, it was so easy

i added the darkwake=0 ... :D

SOLVED

if I remember correctly you aren't losing anything by running one card in the x8 lane. An imperceptible difference, maybe 1-3 fps at most.

what is darkwake = 0, where did you add it?
Can you give a little more info for someone else that might have this trouble?

oh sorry

i added darkwake=0 to the bootplist in the extra folder - i used chamaleon wizard because i wasn't sure how to add it correctly

Hmmm... my chameleon boot.plist already had darkwake=0 enabled... I still lose video after sleep... Anybody else have a fix?

I have the same MOBO as you, but with a GA ATI Radeon HD 6850 in the first PCI SLOT and with DVI, the sleep works perfectly! :D

Hmmm... my chameleon boot.plist already had darkwake=0 enabled... I still lose video after sleep... Anybody else have a fix?

no, u have to click the patch button. darkwake=0 is standart for the chameleon wizard but u have to update ur bootplist

to check it, open the bootplist with the textedit and search for the line darkwake=0.

ok... added darkwake=0 to boot.plist successfully but I still lose video after sleep... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back