Graphics
Nvidia GTX 480
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Essentially, everything else about my Lion build is fine. Even single monitor graphics work amazingly. I've got the Quadro drivers, CUDA drivers, and NVEnabler (and NVEnabler64) all set up.

The problem lies in attempting to hook up a second monitor. All I want to do is mirror the two. One is my monitor, the second is a 42" TV that I'd like to use when watching movies and such from across the room. I have the first (working) monitor hooked up to a DVI port. The second one (not working) is also through a DVI port, but I have to use a DVI-HDMI adapter since the TV doesn't have DVI input. When I plug the TV in via this method, my monitor flashes blue like it's detected the TV, but the TV still says "no signal" and it doesn't show up in my Settings>Display.

I am honestly at a loss for how to fix this. I've tried quite a few things, and nothing's worked. The one odd thing is that it DID work once for like 5 minutes after a ton of tinkering, but as soon as I restarted, it stopped working again and hasn't worked sense. I have NO idea what made it work, as I hadn't changed anything since my last restart and I didn't change anything afterward that would have made it STOP working.

Can I get some help? :[

EDIT: Also, when the TV is plugged in via the DVI port and it powers itself off (it powers off after like, 5 minutes of not being able to find a signal), my screen flashes blue like I've disconnected it. So my 480 definitely recognizes that something is there since it reacts to plugging in / unplugging / turning on / turning off my TV, but it isn't allowing me to actually USE it. Frustrating!

EDIT2: Figure this may help:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>arch=i386 npci=0x2000</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I have this configuration in SL.

Have you tried just plugging in HDMI?

I do miniHDMI out to HDMI straight in to my TV. It's a long run, but it works. I have my main monitor on DVI.

I can run both at the same time. I also have the blue flashes you talk about, when one is turned on or off, or unplugged, and so on. Usually it is just refreshing the other monitor.

I say try a different cable if you haven't. Definitely try HDMI straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back