Contribute
Register

Install Guide/Discussion Thread for HP Probook 4530s!

Status
Not open for further replies.
During this weekend I’m going to install Win7 on the other HD partition.
Yesterday I disable the kernel cache on org.chameleon.boot.plist file and until now, no more KP during boot (tried more 10 boot); it just takes 2 seconds more.
I need your help for black screen after boot. Yesterday, I’ve worked just with battery and now every time I boot, either with or without power, I’ve black screen and I need using FN+F3 to have the screen on. I read a lot of post about that but I did not understood if a solution is available.

thanks
roberto

Hi, my first post, just want to share my experience.

No need to install Mac 10.6 first, I use a vmware Mac 10.6 to do xMove.

No need to erase disk. I use Paragon HD manager usb to convert MBR disk to GPT (fast) without data loss, then install Mac, then convert back to MBR, boot into Mac with rBoot, install Chameleon.

fonorono said:
Any ideas how to get rid of the errors. I reinstalled FakeSMC and plugins with multibeast with no effect. This only happened since I updated the bios.
I'd like to roll back to F.09 but I can't find it anywhere.

Can't roll back. F20 stops you. What readings are you trying to get with them?

Whoever is trying to solve the brightness thing, make a dsdt.

blueking' pack works great for hp 2560p, not sure if DSDT works but compiled without errors, another thing I had to install NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and hnak's AppleIntelE1000e network kext from MultiBeast pkg, the one in the pack kept giving me KP, wireless doesnt work since my lapintosh came equipped with Intel chip however I bought little USB adapter that works great for now until I find wwlan mini pcie chip to replace Intel chip,

Actually, I already bought mini PCIE WWLAN Broadcom BCM94321MCP2 WWAN chip which suppose to work OOB for any hacky since real macs use same chip, to my surprise f' HP added a whitelist to BIOS preventing my chip to be used. so I will continue searching for a new chip that works OOB and is approved by HP,

Overall performance is awesome, no lines on my lapintosh as some of you experienced, geek score squeezes over 6xxx points,

blueking said:
fonorono said:
Any ideas how to get rid of the errors. I reinstalled FakeSMC and plugins with multibeast with no effect. This only happened since I updated the bios.
I'd like to roll back to F.09 but I can't find it anywhere.

Can't roll back. F20 stops you. What readings are you trying to get with them?

I didn't update to F20. Only to F0A. I've now rolled back to F07 since F09 is not available for download. But the errors persist.
Code:
Nov 17 17:23:00 jos-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: IT87x: [Warning] found unsupported chip ID=0x701
Nov 17 17:23:00 jos-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: F718x: Fintek: Found unsupported chip ID=0x7 REVISION=0x1

Here's a vanilla dsdt for F.07

i5, hd3000, 4Gb Ram

Attachments

• dsdt F.07 vanilla.aml
    137.8 KB · Views: 116
I noticed for my lappy that when I boot to mac osx without power adapter it will boot to black screen, so I have to boot with power adapter in to get normal screen, any ideas what that may be all about? if I boot with power adapter and once in osx I can take power adapter off, but if I boot w/o one it will boot to black screen

When at black screen hit Fn + F3 to increase brightness.

fonorono said:
Here's a vanilla dsdt for F.07

i5, hd3000, 4Gb Ram

Thanks! Didn't have that!

People with both cards: I NEED YOUR DSDT.

All I have is the F20 version

Please delete your dsdt (or move it at least from the extra folder) reboot, extract one, and give it to me! You'll be very helpful if you do! Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back