Contribute
Register

iBoot + MultiBeast: Install Mac OS X on any Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like your BIOS are probably not set up correctly. Make sure your SATA controllers are set to AHCI and that HPET is set to 64-bit. Also, if you have any IDE devices, wireless cards, or any other extra things of that sort then they should be unplugged as well.
I've already set up the BIOS as it is mentioned in Tony's blog. Controllers are set to AHCI,
ACPI 2.0 is on, Power management is set to S3, Execute disable bit is ON. Unfortunately I don't have HPET option in my MBs BIOS.
I don't have any IDE devices. IDE controller is set to OFF also. I've unplugged all the extra things that I don't need during install.
I think the problem is in my videocard. Palit 4850 Sonic has not the reference design. The board for this card was designed by Palit. So this could be the main problem. I'll try to get some NVidia stuff to test.
Thanks for your comments.

Can you please help-I downloaded your Nvidia iBoot but after expanding it seems to be be messed -up -if you go into the Extra folder -and click on the Preboot.dmg it will not mount (error-no mountable file system).
Can you tell me where I can get a better copy of the NVida iBoot?
Thanks
Al-Baby2

Al-Baby2 said:
I downloaded your Nvidia iBoot but after expanding it seems to be be messed -up -if you go into the Extra folder -and click on the Preboot.dmg it will not mount (error-no mountable file system).
The .iso you downloaded works fine. The mount error is known and doesn't effect operation. If you want to see what's in Preboot.dmg, drag it to you computer and open it there.

I seem to have ACPI power management troubles.....

I can get thru iBoot and start on my SnowCD, but with or without -x switch, I get to the place where it has just said something about ACPI power management and the screen goes black, and after a few seconds the DVD drive stops and acts unpowered (eject button does nothing).
I've tried all possible combinations in the power management sections of my BIOS, and I can make it fail sooner in the process, but not later.
I have tried one processor core, two cores, the CPUS=1 with and without the same settings in the BIOS; I have tried specifying PCI at both 0 and 1 on the boot line, all combinations with and without -x.
I have never gotten past this point.
The iBoot is the only method I have found that boots at all, I've tried the Chameleon and EFI routes, none of them even boot at all, CD or Flash Drive.
I'm pretty stuck. Can you give me any advice?

I registered so my system configs should show.

Thanks for anything you can do!

Regards,
Dave

EDIT: TYPO in my registration.... video is GTS 250, not GTX. Will change that.

hi guys,

I installed 10.6.0 and update 10.6.3 to my G55M-UD2 from the guide :)

everything is fine, but i have 2 problems.

First, my GPU is a 4850. with the 4850 it doesnt install, so i took the geforce 8500 to install SL. But when i swap to the 4850 now I only get a black screen ?! :((( any idea ?

Second, when i go to sleep (it shuts down) when i put USB it restarts ?!

any idea ?

ive reloaded snow leopard over 20 times now, seems my msi-nvidia 8800gts 640mb vram oc card loses the monitor all the time

still unsure which things to load with multibeast

so im only able to run with iboot nvida on boot and busratio=24 for my i5 650cpu

if anyone with my motherboard could tell me what to load it be great
if i upgrade to the newwest apple patch i lose sound and video (none of your fixs work)
if i load multibeast -gigabeast function.i think the dsdt file if diffrent than my f8 bios

TONYMAC IDEA i HAVE IS FOR THIS SITE TO HAVE A LIST OF MOTHERBOARDS AND WHAT YOU LOAD WITH MULTIBEAST - THE ONLY DIFFRENCE WOULD BE VIDEO CARD. PER SYSTEM CONFIG, THAT CAN BE A SORTED WITH DIFFFRENT CONFIGS PER VIDEO CARD TYPE

HERES MY SYSTEM

CPU INTEL I5650 3200MHZ CPU (SHOWS AS A 3.33MHZ CPU) ON BOOT) ?? WHY IS THAT
GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD4P (BIOS F8)
MSI GIGABYTE 8800GTS 640MB VRAM OC (OVERCLOCKED CARD)
<This may be my problem - Asus Xonar Essence STX is a PCI-E audio card>
but i remove the card before install and add it back in the system later, it seems ok for a while but been in a pci-e slot , maybe that why i lose video)

ive read the forums for 3months and cant do a dsdt intsall cause i dont understand the spaces in tontmac guide. i will post there about that later today.

anyone with my mothboard what do you load with mutibeast and the new apple config ???????????????????????????????????????????

Regards

ElvIsAlive
THE KING OF BURNOUT PARADISE PC

braddman

after you put the snow leopard disc hit f5 and let it load then hit enter on the icon that says osx install.

Hi,

on sunday I've done my reinstall with iBoot and MultiBeast, everything went smooth. I've used this Board and CPU before with Leo 10.5.5 but dropped it when the 5.6 update wrecked it havok.

Board is an GA-P35-DS3P, since I wanted a working DSDT I'used one installer for the -DS4P which was reported to work for that board.. Welll.. not THAT good idea since rebooting ended in a KP :(. OK, booted again with iBoot, fired up MultiBeast, -> EasyBeast, ticked VoodooHDA, installed, reboot: KP but this time later.. :banghead:

After that I've fired up my OS X netbbok, googled, removed anything 'unneeded' from E/E (Jmicron drivers) installed SleepEnabler.kext from GoogleCode, rebooted.. again KP :(

Next step: remove the DSDT.aml from that package and use one from EFI-X' Forum for that Board and Bios (F12).. reboot: KP o_O

Since booting in safe mode allways worked it must have to do with kexts.. removed voodooHDA, everything was fine, but only sound from my l/r-speakers, no center, no sub :(

found another modified VoodooHDA on InsanelyMAC, installed it, read the instaructions and other posts, removed AppleHDA and related, rebooted, et voila, sound worked on all 5 channels :mrgreen:

Quick check: ripples in widgets: check, USB Webcam (Venus 2.0): check, network: check
sleep: check.

But.. On sunday's eve I've put 'em to sleep, yesterday's eve fired up, black screen, sound works, could access him from my netbook..
I think it won't 'reset' the card when waking up.. When I've tested it, I just switched him on again directly after sleep. What are my options now? I'm using an Asus EN8800GT..
May there are some kexts laying around in S/L/E which where pickuped up while boot?

Another thing is sound. Which one is preferred, VoodooHDA or DSDT/AppleHDA-based for my ALC889a? From forums there are mixed results.. or should I just save my personal stuff with CCC and start from scratch? :)

___O Tape

PS: thank you for the time you've put in iBoot & MultiBeast :)

ScotchTape said:
Another thing is sound. Which one is preferred, VoodooHDA or DSDT/AppleHDA-based for my ALC889a?
As you are lucky enough to have ALC889a/ALC885, I would stick with use of AppleHDA based solution, since is compatible with std OSX.

I think you Just have to decide on the most preferred LegacyHDA, either the one in Multibeast 1.1.0 or one on the "new" LegacyHDA thread (with also updated DSDT) depending on wether you want analog only or analog+digital ("new" one). At least, I think the "new" one is still not part of Multibeast...

humph said:
I think you Just have to decide on the most preferred LegacyHDA, either the one in Multibeast 1.1.0 or one on the "new" LegacyHDA thread (with also updated DSDT) depending on wether you want analog only or analog+digital ("new" one). At least, I think the "new" one is still not part of Multibeast...

Plain analog will do. My real soundcard (SB XFi extreme music) isn't supported, or let's say I need mic. for Skype. I'll read the posts and decide afterwards. For me VoodooHDA doesn't sound that good, there is a slight distortion.

Thanks

___O Tape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back