Contribute
Register

Asrock H55M-LE Installed and booting without iBoot!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Asrock H55M-LE
nvidia video card
4 gigs of ram (2x ddr3 1333)
1TB WD BC hard drive

Things Needed-

Multibeast

DSDTSE:

Combo Update 10.6.5:

Mac OSX Snow Leopard install CD (vanilla retail)

Newest iBOOT:

Step One- go into bios (delete key) and make the cd drive the first listed in the boot order and also change the "ide" to "ahci" (located under storage configuration). Then save and exit

Step Two- Insert iBoot (which you should have burned) and when the boot screen comes up, eject the disk and insert your retail mac disk... wait 4 to 6 sec and press f5, then enter once it loads the disk

Step Three- once the installation appears, go to utilities at the top and select disk utility. select your hard drive on the left panel and then go to the "partition" tab and put the drop down menu on "1 partition" and rename the partition to whatever you'd like (preferably "Snow Leopard", then click options and make sure its set to "guid" then okay and apply.

Step Four- once the partitioning is done, exit the disk utility tab and continue with the install... select your drive and then customize and take off the printers tab, quicktime and language packs (unless needed). make sure fonts, rosette, and x11 is checked. then start the install

Step Five- when the install is finished, eject the mac retail disk and put the iBoot cd back in, then boot to the new drive listed on the boot screen (will say whatever you named the drive as before; mines snow leopard)

Step Six- first things first, open the system preferences and go to the energy saver tab and change it so the computer never sleeps, that way it wont crash on you.

NOTE: A video link will be provided at the bottom showing the next few steps recorded
Step Seven- run the DSDTSE program and select "extract DSDT" towards the bottom, then when the new screen comes up, click "compile DSDT" on the right then save it in the default folder listed. then close it all out and place the dsdt.aml on the desktop

Step Eight- open multibeast (don't start the install tho) and then run the 10.6.5 combo update and when its finished be sure that you DO NOT restart. simply switch over to the multibeast program and select the hard drive for the install, then customize it selecting ONLY "userDSDT install" and "system utilities" (and osx86 software if you'd like) then continue. after it finishes, restart the computer WITHOUT iBoot in the drive.

Step Nine- once the computer loads up, update everything (if ethernet doesn't connect, run multibeast and select "realtek gigabit ethernet" under Drivers& bootloaders> kexts & enablers> network, and also the system utilities again then continue) DO NOT RESTART AFTER UPDATING. run multibeast again selecting userdsdt and system utilities then restart.

Thats it! still working on wireless and other kexts. i finally got this working about 10 minutes ago lol.
email me for more information. ill check this post a couple times a day for comments

Video Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45Xcuoq70lE

Thank you!

Support was very good.

Only one question would be. The microphone to have set in?

I can not do.

If this could really help you if you were the god-emperor .)

simonkera said:
Thank you!

Support was very good.

Only one question would be. The microphone to have set in?

I can not do.

If this could really help you if you were the god-emperor .)

No idea haha I haven't needed the mic yet so haven't really done much research on it

hey guys. i have exactly the same board. first install with clean snow leopard 10.6 worked fine for me with intel gma onboard card, but after installing the combo update, osx wont boot with the onboard. i get every time hang up on the apple boot logo and nothing happens. means system does not boot. but when i insert my gt7900 it does. but i want to use the onboard because it must be a silent pc :( is there any possibility that i can boot with the onboard gpu? and getting full support for that?

hi,

i have tried to installing snow Leopard with this guide, and i have completed the installation.
everything works but i dont tried to stard never iBoot cd.

If i restart the system the Snow Leopard don't start. Infinite Reboot

For starting the system must insert iBoot cd and i select Snow Leopard systm

there is a solution to this problem?

sorry for my English.

hi,

i have resolved this problem, I followed the guide better and now the reboot goes ahead, but i have another problem, the system freezes in the next step when appears the apple logo.

In verbose mode i read the error :

disk1s1s2: ioctl(_IOR,'d',79,4) is unsupported

what is the problem? pls help me

I think that I have to pick some multibeast driver, is this possible?

Hi everyone
i have the same configuration

processore i3
asrock h55m-le
2x 2gb ddr3
1tb hd wd

i followed the tutorial (used snow leopard 10.6 retail)

booted with iboot, completed the installation and everithing worked fine.

but after used multibeast, with my previous compiled dsdt , rebooted the machine, nothing appens....i saw the apple logo and nothing more
using verbose mode i saw black screen and nothing else....
what's wrong?

i hope some one can help me ;)
many thanks

alright guys, sorry ive been gone so long....

first off, its basically impossible to get mac osx to run without a video car. idk, it just is. thats why all the tuts mention "out of the box" video cards and kext files to enable them to work.

two, if snow leopard isnt booting without iboot then its an issue with the dsdt file. try doing some research for your motherboard and chipset. some people have been able to extract theirs using LINUX.

my install was with the official retail disc of SL 10.6.3 (vanilla copy) and iboot 3.2.0 (newest one now) and multibeast 3.9.1
during the installation i selected "userdsdt install" (make sure dsdt.aml is on desktop), "system utilities", and drivers> kexts> disk> IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector and FakeSMC under micellaneous.

if you have any questions, shoot me an email @ [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back