Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hi

i have asus p7p55d deluxe , i5 660, 4gb 1.5 terrabyte drive, geforce gts 450, and a 750w psu

i can boot off iboot and then when i put in the snow leopard disk and it will look like its installing untill an error saying "you need to restart your computer" but i have changed disks i have edited the bios

has anyone had this error or is it a setting in the bios?
or has anyone installed snow leopard on this mother baord?

any help will be greatly appreciated

shane

Re: !!help asus p7p55d deluxe

sbran said:
hi

i have asus p7p55d deluxe , i5 660, 4gb 1.5 terrabyte drive, geforce gts 450, and a 750w psu

i can boot off iboot and then when i put in the snow leopard disk and it will look like its installing untill an error saying "you need to restart your computer" but i have changed disks i have edited the bios

has anyone had this error or is it a setting in the bios?
or has anyone installed snow leopard on this mother baord?

any help will be greatly appreciated

shane

Topic moved to Installation Support.

Boot to the Chameleon boot screen with iBoot and before you hit enter to proceed, enter -v PCIRootUID=1. If that doesn't work, then repeat and try -v PciRoot=1.

Re: !!help asus p7p55d deluxe

thank you very much got it booting

your a hero

shane

hi beelzebozo

sorry to be annoying you i have mac booting and everything is working bar the network access i have it working before i use mutibeast and then after i reboot it wont browse the internet? im pretty sure its something im not clicking on in multibeast could you tell me the setting i would need to click or point me in the right direction

i have reinstalled the os 3 times and each time it will stop internet after i reboot

any help is greatly appreciated

thanks

sbran said:
hi beelzebozo

sorry to be annoying you i have mac booting and everything is working bar the network access i have it working before i use mutibeast and then after i reboot it wont browse the internet? im pretty sure its something im not clicking on in multibeast could you tell me the setting i would need to click or point me in the right direction

i have reinstalled the os 3 times and each time it will stop internet after i reboot

any help is greatly appreciated

thanks

The reason why it's working before installing MultiBeast is because you're booting using iBoot which enables your ethernet connection.

You need to install Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet kext from MultiBeast, then run Kext Utility afterward and then restart.

If that doesn't help, check your LAN settings in bios since your motherboard uses:

Dual Gigabit LAN controllers Realtek® 8112L / 8110SC Gigabit LAN controller.

hi

i have tried installing Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet kext from MultiBeast, then run Kext Utility afterward and then reboot but still have no joy

the network card is enabled in the bios and it wont boot with out the iboot cd aswell i have run the multi beast programme for this aswell

sorry to be annoying you but ive been trying to muck around with it and try and get it going but have had no joy

i have followed all the steps to the T but no matter what i install cant get it going :banghead:

if you dont know could you point me in the right direction

many thanks shane

sbran said:
hi

i have tried installing Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet kext from MultiBeast, then run Kext Utility afterward and then reboot but still have no joy

the network card is enabled in the bios and it wont boot with out the iboot cd aswell i have run the multi beast programme for this aswell

sorry to be annoying you but ive been trying to muck around with it and try and get it going but have had no joy

i have followed all the steps to the T but no matter what i install cant get it going :banghead:

if you dont know could you point me in the right direction

many thanks shane

Your first steps should be to get your system to boot without iBoot's help.

For that, you will need to install at least fakesmc and Chameleon.

After that, you should continue to troubleshoot your network connectivity. If you already installed lnx2mac's realtek kext and are sure your bios settings are correct, then you'll have to check your Network settings.

I would even go as far as shutting your PC off completely and switching the PSU switch to off and unplug the power chord, reverse the process and see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back