GTX 650
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Posting this question makes me feel a lot stupid but... that's it :lol:

I've never been able to write iBoot iso file onto a CD while I was running Toast 10 Titanium under OSX 10.6.6. I tried several options such as ISO9660, Mac only, PC and Mac ect. but the CD ROM does't boot my custoMac.

On the opposite, the same iBoot.iso file if written with Nero under Win7 works perfectly and boots my custoMac.

What gives?

thanks
Michael

In OSX-Finder, klick in "Image brennen" or the "burn"-Icon in Symbolmenue, after you inserted a blank CD-ROM.
Finder (Disc Utility) will burn that Image to your CD and this IS bootable.

Try out.

Thanks guys

For now I solved the problem rebooting under Win7 and writing the iso file with Nero... :D

wavesequence said:

I've never been able to write iBoot iso file onto a CD while I was running Toast 10 Titanium under OSX 10.6.6. I tried several options such as ISO9660, Mac only, PC and Mac ect. but the CD ROM does't boot my custoMac.

On the opposite, the same iBoot.iso file if written with Nero under Win7 works perfectly and boots my custoMac.

What gives?

thanks
Michael
iBoot ISO Burn.png

Attachments

• iBoot ISO Burn.png
    iBoot ISO Burn.png
    129.8 KB · Views: 1,222
What if I'm going to be using Windows XP to burn iBoot and MultiBeast onto CD? What's the best way to do that? :?:
Many thanks for the help! All hail tonymac! :thumbup:

MacMan said:
wavesequence said:

What gives?

thanks
Michael
iBoot ISO Burn.png
MacMan

Thanks for your authoritative reply :)

beelzebozo said:
wavesequence said:
Thanks guys

For now I solved the problem rebooting under Win7 and writing the iso file with Nero... :D

The Window 7's ISO burning feature works just the same.

Here's a how to:

http://gizmodo.com/#!5138148/win-7-tip-iso-disc-image-burning-is-built-right-in
Thanks also to you beelzebozo :)
Unfortunately your link leads to an Italian webpage that does't respect the contents you pointedl. Anyway, now I'ma ble to write .ISO files with Toast.
Regards
Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back