Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z390-Aorus Pro
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 590
in my first install on the 4530 several weeks ago i decided to go with the vanilla BT kext, and i used a bluetooth dongle. as with the onboard BT, it "breaks" when the computer wakes from sleep. however, i just remove and reinsert the dongle and functionality is restored.

so i got to wondering if, using the modded BT kext that is now available, if somehow the onboard BT could be "disconnected and reconnected" manually after wake, would the functionality be restored? and, if that is the case, i suppose a script could then be written to execute upon wake that would automatically restore BT.

just a thought. i'm not smart enough to figure it out.

ken

faithie999 said:
in my first install on the 4530 several weeks ago i decided to go with the vanilla BT kext, and i used a bluetooth dongle. as with the onboard BT, it "breaks" when the computer wakes from sleep. however, i just remove and reinsert the dongle and functionality is restored.

so i got to wondering if, using the modded BT kext that is now available, if somehow the onboard BT could be "disconnected and reconnected" manually after wake, would the functionality be restored? and, if that is the case, i suppose a script could then be written to execute upon wake that would automatically restore BT.

just a thought. i'm not smart enough to figure it out.

ken

Sadly, the firmware is what makes the bluetooth work. If you put the pc to sleep, the wifi card loose the uploaded firmware... Maybe there's a workaround, but for now we're stucked... :p

Yeah, we'd need to figure out how to keep the firmware loaded, or unload/reload all kexts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back