Contribute
Register

Followed 'iBoot + MultiBeast' but no sound, smbios.plist..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello, i followed exactly the iboot (supported) multibeast guide by tony, everything were fine, first boot was great, sounds worked at first boot with iboot inserted, after that i updated to 10.6.2 and then multibeast 2.0 (userDSDT, used tonys .aml, 888b legacy, nvidia enabler, smbios corei5, etc) just like the guide + restart so, bootloader worked ok, nvidia enabler ok , ethernet ok, but sound and smbios.plist didnt work.
when i boot on -v mode, i got some lines that says something like sound assertions x 8-10, i had attached a file

so here are my specs:
mobo: gigabyte p55m ud2 rev 1.0 | F10 Bios version
CPU: Core i5 2.66 lynnfield 750
Ram: kingston + corsair 2gb each
GPU: Nvidia 9800 PYN
other: samsumg sata drive 500gb, usb mouse and keyboard..

thanks in advance, sorry if this problem was already there out in the forum i tried to search it but i couldnt find it.

Attachments

• sound.jpg
    sound.jpg
    588 KB · Views: 301
Just some Ideas:

• make sure you use the latest MultiBeast version[/*:m:vw3xbfw5]
  • just check LegacyHDA -> ALC887/LC888b Kext and no HDAEnabler.[/*:m:vw3xbfw5]
  • rename /Extra before running MultiBeast (I'm not sure if MultiBeast removes old Kext's)[/*:m:vw3xbfw5]

some more thoughts:

That way it works with my build...hope this helps.

im pretty sure what it happens, its related to hdaenabler and applehda, that what i need i tried installing it with multibeast but i what i get is that hdaenabler was installed improperly message..

when i boot sl with iboot supported it work at all.. pleas help!

hackmamut said:
im pretty sure what it happens, its related to hdaenabler and applehda, that what i need i tried installing it with multibeast but i what i get is that hdaenabler was installed improperly message..

when i boot sl with iboot supported it work at all.. pleas help!
MultiBeast 2.0.3 is now available and fixes HDAEnabler bug.

hey, is there any chance that the problem could be generated by a motherboard battery issue? while im on windows 7 i constantly get my hour changed, so what you think?

hackmamut said:
hey, is there any chance that the problem could be generated by a motherboard battery issue? while im on windows 7 i constantly get my hour changed, so what you think?
For your time issues, check this: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1909 it's not your battery.

As for sound, are you running on the latest BIOS & matching DSDT ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back