Graphics
Nvidia GTS 250
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everybody, I finally got my stuff to build my hackintosh, I followed tony's tutos on installing SL and I have a few questions:

- In the dualbooting tuto, you mention a step of uncheking ownership on the volume, but, you cant have this done in "disk utilities", you need finder, and before the installation you dont have one. After installing SL im able to use the "get info" command in finder, and the window with the lock appears, but still, after and before unlocking, cant see anywhere that "Ignore ownership" check box. Am I missing something here?

- I managed to get the audio and ethernet working just before the update process to 10.6.2, but right after installed the update, the os hanged up during the restart process, and I had to manually restart it, after 2 attempts to restart the pc, finally started correctly SL, but I lost the audio. I tried reinstalling the update, and it did indtall correctly and restarted correctly, but still no audio. I tried to run the appleHDA.kext with the tools (same procedurre that did with the ethernet) and still nothing..

- I clicked on About this mac/ more info .. and discovered, it thinks I have Xeon processor, Dont have a clue of what graphics card I have (Only knows its an nvidia, but graphics seem to be ok though) and it thinks I only have 1 gb of ram :S

And finally even tough I think I followed the instructions right, im not able to boot into SL without the boot cd.. can you be a little more specific on that part? exact placement of files for example?, does the bios version affects? (still have f3, but the updater is an exe and dont have windows on the pc, btw, any way to flash the new bios in SL?)

Thanks in advance =) im learning a lot ;)

Edit:I left the second point in case this be usefull for someone else, but I have just fixed the audio, just had to use "legacyHDA_ALC8888.kext" found inside extras folder on the bootcd ^^ ... I wonder what are the other kexts for xDD

well :S maybe I started with too much :( can we start with this?

The system only thinks it has 1gb of ram, but in the system profiler, in the memory sections it recognices 2 sticks of 2gb each.. :S.. any tougts?

I didnt sleep last night, but have almost everything running, just a few issues =) Any help is REALLY Apreciated =)

Glad you're having fun and learning! Ok, I'll try my best to answer your many questions! :p

1. About the dual boot tutorial- I think it's a typo- I'll take a look at it ;)

2. Xeon thing is normal- we all have to wait until 10.6.3 (we hope) to be on the same build of OS X as the new i5/i7 iMacs.

3. Definitely update your bios to the F7 version- here's a link to the .exe unarchived. This is the file you'll load in in QFlash. It will solve problems with your USB, startup, and general bugginess of the early versions. (link removed)

4. About your graphics- there are a lot of users on this forum with the 250 GTS so I think you'll find a lot of solutions there for proper QI/CE enabling, and full acceleration.

5. The reason why your system only shows 1gb is that you're booting with the boot CD. All of the kexts (and the mach_kernel) are being loaded from there.

Download and install this version of Chameleon RC4:
Public/Chameleon%20RC4-AsereBLN-1.1.8.zip

And put this Themes folder in /Extra:
Public/Themes.zip

Here are my files for you either to use as is, or as reference:
Public/tonymacx86-GA-P55M-UD2-EFI.zip

You definitely bought the right board- a new member of team UD2! :)

Thankyou so F MUch!!! that was it!! you are the master tony =) :clap: ... SL feels different, I didnt realized that b4 posting this topic, but I wasnt getting but 1 core of my prossesor too xD

ThankYou so very much!!! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back