GTX550 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Guise,

First post here, but I've been trawling for quite a while for ideas on getting things to work, but I seem to have hit the wall. On loading iBoot in my machine, it works for a few seconds then gives the apple-esque "You need to restart your computer..." thingy.

My specs are as follows:
Intel Core i5 2500K
Z68X-UD3R-B3
EVGA GeForce GTX550 Ti
4GB Corsair XMS DDR3 1600Mhz
1TB WD Blue SATA3
LiteOn DVD Writer

I realise the graphics card is unsupported, but is there an way to force it to boot without acceleration? I only found out it wasn't supported after I built the machine so as you can imagine, I'm a bit bummed.

Thanks in advance!

If you get the 'Apple thingy' when you put the iBoot disk in the drive, I am not sure the graphics card has come into play yet.

Did you set BIOS AHCI, HPET, 64, S3, order? What port is the DVD drive plugged into? It and the HDD need to be connected to SATA 3 ports, the two lowest numbered ones. If one order doesn't work, swap them.

Confirm, that you burned the disk as an .iso image. If unsure try to start another computer with it in the drive and see if it gets to the Chameleon screen.

SnapMan said:
Did you set BIOS AHCI, HPET, 64, S3, order?
Pretty sure I did, but the instructions are a bit vague.

What port is the DVD drive plugged into? It and the HDD need to be connected to SATA 3 ports, the two lowest numbered ones. If one order doesn't work, swap them.
HDD is in port 0 and DVD drive is in port 1.

Any more ideas?

Can you be more specific on what iBoot works for a few seconds means? Do you see the Chameleon screen or does it just grind away and quit? If it just quits without anything appearing on the screen, I would again suggest trying the disk in a different computer, I would suspect it is not burned as an .iso image.

If you can get to the Chameleon screen in iBoot try adding the following boot flags

-x -v PCIRootUID=1 and see if that makes any difference, post a screenshot if anything interesting appears.

I believe the i5 2500K has built-in graphics.....you could remove your graphics card and try to use integrated graphics, just to see if it is the cause of the problem.

SnapMan said:
Can you be more specific on what iBoot works for a few seconds means? Do you see the Chameleon screen or does it just grind away and quit?
It loads fine, then when it gets to the graphical menu thing, it craps out and gives the grey screen of death, the same as the one in OSX

If you can get to the Chameleon screen in iBoot try adding the following boot flags

Can't even get that far

I believe the i5 2500K has built-in graphics.....you could remove your graphics card and try to use integrated graphics, just to see if it is the cause of the problem.

Board doesn't have onboard graphics.

I'll try on another HDD and disable RAID on the board and see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back