Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
It could be because I am not booting from the hard disk and am booting from the disk. For some reason I cannot get my system to boot from the hard disk. It just sits there at the boot prompt.

Sounds like your HD does not have the Chameleon bootloader installed correctly.

You can easily (re)install that using Multibeast, there's an option for it somewhere in Multibeast. Select the AsereBLN version.

I think I tried that also but will try again.

Core 2 Quad w/ 8 GB RAM - ASUS IPIBL-LA - NVIDIA 8800GTX -

Okay...managed to get it to where it sees the hard drive but now when it tries to boot up the system halts and turns itself off.

I have attached a picture of the output...

Attachments

• IMG00046-20100419-1225.jpg
    IMG00046-20100419-1225.jpg
    729.9 KB · Views: 106
Hmm, fsck fail.
I do not know if it's possible to fix this, as the OSX filesystem is pretty robust, so when it does fail, it's gonna be usually quite bad.

I can think only of two things:

1) Try to boot into Single User Mode (-s at Chameleon prompt). This does not (automatically) do a filesystem check.
- You can initiate a file system check (follow the instructions on the screen that you'll see...hopefully...something like: /sbin/fsck - some options), and see if that also fails. I suspect it will fail, but worth a try. In fact, try it a few times, as I've heard of cases where it took more than one attempt to repair the filesystem.

2) Erase Drive & Reinstall. Might want to wait to see if some experts reply with other options before doing that, but if were me, I'd do a fresh install.

humph said:
Hmm, fsck fail.
I do not know if it's possible to fix this, as the OSX filesystem is pretty robust, so when it does fail, it's gonna be usually quite bad.

I can think only of two things:

1) Try to boot into Single User Mode (-s at Chameleon prompt). This does not (automatically) do a filesystem check.
- You can initiate a file system check (follow the instructions on the screen that you'll see...hopefully...something like: /sbin/fsck - some options), and see if that also fails. I suspect it will fail, but worth a try. In fact, try it a few times, as I've heard of cases where it took more than one attempt to repair the filesystem.

2) Erase Drive & Reinstall. Might want to wait to see if some experts reply with other options before doing that, but if were me, I'd do a fresh install.

Got it all to work. Had to remove i386 and do the force64 thing. That allowed it to boot up. Then I had to use the intel networking kext and the voodoo kext for audio and everything works now.

So now my next question is can I set my drives up in a RAID?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back