Radeon
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hi,

i want to reinstall today so i install 10.6.3. i followed the guide from the blog with iboot etc., but i can't boot the installer....

when i try with the iboot cd and boot the sl retail dvd, it stucks at
com_chucko_realtek........ (see first picture)

when i try an old tony boot cd, i can boot into the os x installer, install the os, but after rebooting and boot the newly installed os, it stucks at a loop of following message

VoodooHDADevice.....performPowerStateChange (see second picture)

need help...

thanks in advance
regards

Attachments

• IMG_0562.JPG
    IMG_0562.JPG
    815 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_0563.JPG
    IMG_0563.JPG
    820 KB · Views: 242
Post your hardware config...

Turn off stuff in BIOS that's not needed (eg: Serial Port), to minimize potential problems.

When you say suck, do you mean crash/panic (this is not shown in pics), or just screen unresponsive - in which case is perhaps just graphics card not working, hence no screen output when OSX tries to turn GFX into graphics mode (as opposed to text mode seen in these verbose images).

Your problem may simply be that your GFX card is on PCI address #1.
Either:
a) Use a DSDT.aml in your /Extra folder
b) Type PCIRootUID=1 (or -pci1) at Chameleon Prompt (depending on what version Bootloader you installed, try both).

If this works, you either need to add a DSDT, or update your com.apple.Boot.plist to pass this (PCI value) to the kernel as an argument.
Get it working 1st, then we can worry about making it permanent.

Later, you probably need to be using Netkas' Exotic Card patch to get QE/CI - although should be able to boot into basic (not accelerated) graphics mode provided you have GraphicsEnabler=Yes in Boot.plist and the PCI #1 information.

This all assumes your card is capable of working nicely...but if this is a re-install I presume you had it working before?

Hello,
I had the same Problem with com_chucko_realtek..
Try to use the USB Install Method.
It worked for me!
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back