i7-4790K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I noticed that with the DSDT file provided in the database for the X58A-UD3R v2 FB, the length value for the RTC CMOS fix is set to 0x04:

Device (RTC)
{
Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0B00"))
Name (ATT0, ResourceTemplate ()
{
IO (Decode16,
0x0070, // Range Minimum
0x0070, // Range Maximum
0x00, // Alignment
0x04, // Length
)

Is the length not suppose to be 0x02 to prevent CMOS from resetting?

CyCLoBoT said:
I noticed that with the DSDT file provided in the database for the X58A-UD3R v2 FB, the length value for the RTC CMOS fix is set to 0x04:

Device (RTC)
{
Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0B00"))
Name (ATT0, ResourceTemplate ()
{
IO (Decode16,
0x0070, // Range Minimum
0x0070, // Range Maximum
0x00, // Alignment
0x04, // Length
)

Is the length not suppose to be 0x02 to prevent CMOS from resetting?
That was the old way, change all Device RTC lengths to 0x02/. With the new hack friendly DSDTs you will see in that in Method _CRS it returns ATT1 which has the correct length of 0x02.

Thanks MacMan. I will leave it the way it is. I also can't get Sleep to work correctly. When I put the computer to sleep, everything turns of just fine but when I wake it up, I don't get any display. I have to manually shutdown and start again. Do you know what could be causing this?

CyCLoBoT said:
Thanks MacMan. I will leave it the way it is. I also can't get Sleep to work correctly. When I put the computer to sleep, everything turns of just fine but when I wake it up, I don't get any display. I have to manually shutdown and start again. Do you know what could be causing this?
Did you make any changes to the DSDT from the database?

I use that exact one and have no issues.

CyCLoBoT said:
No I have not. Haven't touched anything in it. I am also getting a Geekbench score of 7400. Is that normal? It seems some people are getting over 14000.

Also getting same low kind of score, think mine is like 7700. I would like to know also what could be the cause of this.

MaDxCrEaM said:
CyCLoBoT said:
No I have not. Haven't touched anything in it. I am also getting a Geekbench score of 7400. Is that normal? It seems some people are getting over 14000.

Also getting same low kind of score, think mine is like 7700. I would like to know also what could be the cause of this.
You need to ensure that all CPU features in the BIOS are set to Enabled, not Auto.

Okay, I used nullspots dsdt located here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=220199&st=20&p=1489102&# and goto post 33. I also added
Code:
<key>DropSSDT</key>
    <string>yes</string>
    <key>SMproductname</key>
    <string>MacPro4,1</string>
to my com.apple.Boot.plist. Now my score is 13487 compared to the low score earlier. This makes me feel really good, but does this really mean anything usage wise? Is computer actually running faster now using OSX? Thanks for any info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back