Custom
CPU
i920
Graphics
ATI 5750
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Other
I've had 10.6.4 up and running just fine for about a month now and the other day decided to upgrade to 10.6.5 Everything went smoothly and I didn't have any problems. However, now my system doesn't see any of my external hard drives I use via my firewire ports. Both front/back don't work.

Anybody else run into this? Any suggestions?

Thanks
Eric

Are you using the 6 pin firewireport or the 4 pin port? (The 4 pin is the smaller of the two ports on the rear).

Does your device have an external power source (A/C wall plug) or is it powered through the firewire port? If your device requires power directly through the port then you will have to use the 6 pin port for the device to function because 4 pin ports cannot provide power over firewire.

Oh, and you might want to try a different firewire cable with the port, as well as a different firewire device with your original firewire cable, just to make sure everything is working correctly to begin with.

If that doesn't work, also test it all again in another OS, just to rule out hardware failures.

Hope that helps.

I've tried my front and rear 6pin as well as the rear 4pin. No go for any of the ports... They all worked under 10.6.4 so I assume it's a driver issue.

The device I'm using is powered by AC. It works on my laptop and on the same machine via a Ubuntu live CD. It's not the hardware it's something in the software.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 66
  • Screen Shot 2012-05-05 at 3.41.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-05-05 at 3.41.10 PM.png
    207.6 KB · Views: 84
  • Screen Shot 2012-05-05 at 3.41.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-05-05 at 3.41.18 PM.png
    110.2 KB · Views: 130
Well, you could try updating your BIOS to F6 (if you haven't) as well as updating your DSDT. I used the DSDT from the DSDT database for the F6 version of the BIOS. I then updated from 10.6.3 to 10.6.5 and everything has worked smashingly. Firewire included.

Just remember to use Multibeast to install the "Rollback Apple HDA 10.6.2" for your sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back