GTS250
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi there,
This is my first hackintosh. I've managed to get everything working and upgraded to Lion.
The only problem that remains is the inability to sign into the App store. I am greeted with the error:

"Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance."

I have tried to Google and search the site for solutions, but I found several different solutions which worked for some but not others. Many solutions involved editing .plist files or dsdt files (I still don't know what those are!)

Maybe I was just fortunate to have a relatively easy install process.

I understand the problem may have something to do with my network adapters.

dPM6P.jpg

Above is a screenshot of my configuration. I am currently using a Dlink DWA-125 wireless USB adapter. It uses a ralink driver and utility.

My motherboard is an Asus P5Q-E, my graphics card a Nvidia GTS 250.

If there's any more information needed, I will be happy to provide it.

I'm really enjoying OSX, I'd just love to be able to purchase some software from the App store.

Cheers.

your motherboard should have a built-in ethernet card, why isn't on the list? i believe you have to have an ethernet card so that the appstore works (it's how it identifies your machine).

check your bios and make sure it's enabled, or download the proper driver to enable it.

also check your chameleon boot.plist and make sure the following is in it:

Code:
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

SG- said:
your motherboard should have a built-in ethernet card, why isn't on the list? i believe you have to have an ethernet card so that the appstore works (it's how it identifies your machine).

check your bios and make sure it's enabled, or download the proper driver to enable it.

also check your chameleon boot.plist and make sure the following is in it:

Code:
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
Thanks for the reply.

I just installed the driver, and my network settings now look like this:

05tJc.png

My chameleon boot.plist already had that setting as default. I am still unable to sign in to the store though.

I just deleted the NetworkInterfaces.plist file, rebooted and it signed me in.

Thanks for the help!

Is there anything else that can be done? Because I have the same problem and have already deleted the networkinterfaces.plist file. That didn't work and I also checked my ethernet card settings in the boot.plist file and they are enabled.

nickdaum said:
Is there anything else that can be done? Because I have the same problem and have already deleted the networkinterfaces.plist file. That didn't work and I also checked my ethernet card settings in the boot.plist file and they are enabled.
Can you please post a screenshot of your network settings?

I'm having a similar problem, except that I never had a Network Interfaces file, as far as I can tell. I deleted the Network settings, added the strings, etc, but nothing seems to have worked out. It's the only thing not working properly on this computer right now. My ethernet card is built in and wired. The only solution I can think of is a complete re-installation (no doubt going completely overboard) or a new ethernet card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back